If you sustained injuries in a car accident with an Uber vehicle in Albuquerque, New Mexico, you may be entitled to compensation for damages. Contact our Albuquerque uber accident lawyers at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to help you settle your case. Call us now to schedule a free initial consultation to talk with an experienced attorney at (505) 594-3621.
After an accident, you can likely file a claim against the at-fault driver and receive compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills, other financial expenses, and much more. However, the responsible party is unlikely to accept full liability for the accident willingly; that’s where our experienced lawyers with more than 55 years of combined experience can help. We have a substantial track record of positive results that you can believe in, and we’ve obtained over $30 million in compensation for our clients from cases like bicycle accidents in Albuquerque, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, Albuquerque pedestrian accidents, and more, since we were founded in 2011. To date, we have a 98% success rate in the cases we handle.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After an Uber Accident in Albuquerque
At the end of the day, Uber drivers are just as – if not more – likely to get into an accident as any other motor vehicle operator. They don’t go through extensive training procedures, nor are they subject to particularly stringent hiring practices. Uber drivers also usually use their personal vehicles to make trips and are pressured to complete them quickly. As a result, Uber accidents occur regularly across the country and in Albuquerque, NM.
You deserve compensation that makes you whole again if this has been your experience. While you focus on recovering from the accident, an Albuquerque personal injury attorney can work hard to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions. Some of the ways our award-winning legal team can help with your Uber rideshare accident case include:
- Determining your best legal course of action via an internal investigation into your accident
- Collecting the necessary evidence to prove your claim
- Working with leading experts as needed to analyze and strengthen your claim
- Handling all of the communications with the opposing party
- Keeping you apprised of your legal rights and options at all times
- Negotiating a settlement agreement with the opposing party
- Bringing your case to a court of law if the at-fault party refuses to settle
Call us today for further information about what we can do to help you make it through this difficult time. Your initial consultation is free of charge, and there aren’t any strings attached.
How Common Are Motor Vehicle Accidents in Albuquerque?
While there aren’t statistics available for Uber accidents, specifically, the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) publishes Annual Traffic Crash Reports for overall crashes in the state. The most recent report indicates the following for motor vehicle accidents in Albuquerque in the year 2021:
- Overall crashes: 13,955
- Alcohol-involved crashes: 585
- Property-damage-only crashes: 9,384
- Injury crashes: 4,459
- Fatal crashes: 112
Based on this data, there are an average of roughly 38 accidents daily in Albuquerque, NM.
Special Insurance Considerations for Uber Accident Cases
In all likelihood, you won’t be able to file a lawsuit against Uber directly after an accident involving one of its rideshare drivers. However, depending on the facts of your case, you might be able to file a claim against one of its insurance policies. The driver’s status at the time of the crash will help determine your legal options:
Offline or the Driver app is off
If your accident occurred while the driver was offline or their Uber application was off, Uber’s insurance policies will not apply. That means that you will, in most cases, need to file a claim against the driver’s personal insurance coverage.
Available or waiting for a ride request
If the Uber driver was available or waiting for a ride request when the accident happened, a limited insurance policy from Uber may be available that covers:
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
However, this coverage only applies if the driver’s personal insurance does not.
En route to pick up riders or during trips
In the event that the Uber driver was on their way to pick up a passenger or was in the process of driving someone, you may be able to file a claim against Uber’s substantial $1 million insurance policy.
How Valuable Is My Albuquerque Uber Accident Case?
As discussed above, the type of insurance policy you’re eligible to file a claim against may play a role in how valuable your Uber accident case is. However, many other considerations could also factor in, such as:
- Whether you share fault for the accident
- The impact your injuries have on your day-to-day life
- How old you were at the time of the crash
- Whether you will make a full medical recovery
- The types of injuries you have sustained
- How much evidence there is to support your claim
Properly evaluating a personal injury claim can be a lengthy – yet necessary – process. Sometimes, it can require expert assistance to fully understand how valuable a case is. If you resolve your claim based on incomplete information, you might walk away with less compensation than you are due. We won’t let that happen.
Contact the Albuquerque rideshare accident lawyers with Curiel & Runion today for more information regarding how much your case might be worth.
We’ll Fight for Compensation Based on All of Your Uber Accident Injuries
Uber accidents can cause significant, life-changing injuries. Our experienced lawyers can help you recover compensation after suffering any of the following types of injuries:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Leg injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Back injuries
Reach out to our trusted Albuquerque Uber accident attorneys today for legal advice and assistance.
What Damages Can I Recover After an Uber Accident in Albuquerque, NM?
Economic damages are meant to represent your financial losses due to the accident, such as:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Decreased earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages are intended to compensate you for the other kinds of losses you may have incurred, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- PTSD, depression, and other similar kinds of conditions
- Loss of quality of life
In rare cases, punitive damages may also be awarded. However, these damages are reserved for cases where the at-fault party acted egregiously, such as with an intent to cause you harm or with extreme recklessness.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents in Albuquerque
Uber accidents tend to occur for a few predominant reasons. These include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Drugged driving
- Fatigued driving
- Poor weather or road conditions
- Improper lane changes
Regardless of why your Uber rideshare crash occurred, our attorneys can help you fight for compensation. Contact us today to begin forming an attorney-client relationship.
What if the Opposing Party Is Blaming Me for My Uber Accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
In New Mexico, you can still recover damages even if you share responsibility for your accident. That’s because the state follows a pure comparative negligence standard.
Under this standard, you may be assessed a percentage of blame for the accident – and your compensation may be reduced accordingly. For instance, if you were 20% to blame for the crash, your compensation may be reduced by 20%.
The at-fault party will likely try to place the blame on you for the accident. If they succeed, they could owe you substantially less money. This is one area where having an Albuquerque personal injury lawyer on your side could make all the difference, as your attorney can respond to these kinds of allegations effectively.
How Much Time Do I Have To File an Uber Accident Claim in New Mexico?
In most cases, you will have three years from the date of the accident to file a claim against the at-fault driver. This is the deadline established by New Mexico’s statute of limitations. If you submit your claim too late, you’ll generally lose your chance at recovering compensation.
However, there are exceptions to the statute of limitations deadline in many instances. We recommend contacting our law office as soon as possible after the accident. That way, you can confirm the correct deadline for your case and ensure your rights are maintained.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Trusted Albuquerque Uber Accident Attorney
You may be feeling overwhelmed after an accident involving an Uber rideshare vehicle in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fortunately, if you hire Curiel & Runion, you’ll be able to focus on healing and recovering from your injuries. In the meantime, our Albuquerque Uber accident attorneys can pursue a legal claim against the responsible party on your behalf.
Call us today to set up your free case evaluation with one of our experienced lawyers.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Albuquerque, NM
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
400 Gold Avenue SW Suite 650, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Our personal injury law firm in Albuquerque, NM also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Bus Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Car Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Child Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Construction Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Product Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Slip And Fall Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
Local Emergency Rooms
- Albuquerque ER & Hospital – 9310 Coors Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
- Heart Hospital of New Mexico: Emergency Room – 504 Elm St NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Kaseman Emergency Medicine – 8300 Constitution Ave NE, I-40, Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Lovelace Medical Center-Downtown- Emergency Room – 601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.