Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in Phoenix, Arizona? You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The experienced trial attorneys at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to fight for you. Contact a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer today at (602) 595-5559 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Our experienced Arizona litigators have been standing up for the rights of injured riders and devastated families in Phoenix and across the state for decades. Our relentless pursuit of financial justice has helped us recover more than $30 million in jury awards and private settlements for our clients in cases like Phoenix car accidents, truck accidents, uber accidents, pedestrian accidents, Phoenix recreational vehicle accidents, and many more.
Don’t settle for less. Put our top-rated law firm in your corner to show at-fault parties that you’re serious about getting the compensation you deserve. To get started, call our law office in Phoenix, AZ or contact us online to set up a free case evaluation today.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Hurt in a Motorcycle Crash in Phoenix, AZ
It can be difficult to know how to recover compensation after a motorcycle accident and from whom. Things can also get complicated when at-fault parties and insurance companies make things harder for you than they need to be.
Ultimately, you need to level the playing field and take an aggressive approach when you’re fighting to recover compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries.
That’s where a Phoenix personal injury lawyer can really help.
We know that this is your one shot at getting money to cover the costs of your medical care, make up for a sudden loss of income, and compensate for the unexpected life changes you’ve experienced. We have a proven ability to take on powerful adversaries and win big on behalf of injured motorcyclists like yourself.
When you choose Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, you benefit from a compassionate legal team with 55+ years of experience and give yourself the opportunity to really concentrate on recovering from your motorcycle accident injuries.
We will handle every aspect of your fight for compensation, including:
- Providing clear answers to your most pressing motorcycle accident questions
- Thoroughly investigating the details of your motorcycle wreck
- Evaluating evidence we obtain throughout the discovery process
- Consulting leading motorcycle accident and injury specialists
- Anticipating and defending against allegations of shared responsibility
- Leading settlement negotiations with at-fault parties and their insurance companies
- Approaching your case as if it’s going to trial so that we are prepared to litigate in front of a jury, if necessary
You deserve top legal representation without the added stress of paying for an attorney out-of-pocket. That’s why our personal injury attorneys in Phoenix represent injured motorcyclists on a contingency fee basis. We don’t get paid unless we win your motorcycle injury claim.
Reach out to our law office in Phoenix, AZ to learn more and set up a free case assessment today.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Arizona?
More than 210,000 motorcycles are currently registered in the state of Arizona. Unfortunately, cities like Phoenix aren’t always the safest place for motorcyclists and their passengers. Statistically speaking, between 6 and 7 motorcycle accidents are recorded across the state every day.
While the overall number of motorcycle accidents has declined in recent years, there are still thousands of wrecks annually.
In 2020, at least 2,317 motorcycle accidents were reported in Arizona.
These accidents caused no fewer than 1,921 injuries and 160 deaths.
That means that about 5 motorcyclists are injured in Arizona accidents every day, while one rider is killed in a crash every 2.2 days.
Who’s Liable for My Phoenix Motorcycle Accident?
It’s important to carefully consider the specific facts and circumstances of your motorcycle accident in Phoenix. That’s because you can potentially recover compensation from anyone who contributed to the wreck.
Potentially liable parties could include:
- Drivers of passenger vehicles
- Other motorcyclists
- Motorcycle and vehicle manufacturers
- Manufacturers of helmets and other motorcycle safety equipment
- Property owners
- Government entities
- Employers of at-fault parties
Our team will dive deep and work hard to ensure that you’re able to recover compensation from anyone who caused your motorcycle accident.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Wrecks in Phoenix?
The vast majority of motorcycle accidents that happen in Phoenix are avoidable. They tend to happen when someone, often another motorist, is negligent.
Some of the most common contributing factors to Phoenix motorcycle accidents include:
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to leave appropriate space between a vehicle and motorcycle when passing
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Improper passing
- Unsafe turns
Things like limited visibility, inclement weather, road construction, and road defects can also contribute to accidents, especially when motorists are already driving carelessly.
What Damages Can I Get If I File a Motorcycle Injury Claim in Phoenix?
The costs and consequences of a sudden motorcycle injury can be overwhelming. Fortunately, injured riders in Arizona can file a claim and seek compensatory damages from insurance carriers and at-fault parties.
Compensatory damages include economic awards and non-economic awards.
Economic damages make you financially whole after you’ve been in a motorcycle accident.
They offset costs and expenses related to:
- Present and future medical bills
- Lost income and wages
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost job benefits
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket costs
On the other hand, non-economic damages make up for the unexpected and traumatic life changes you might experience as a motorcycle accident victim.
This could help you recover compensation for things like:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Physical scarring
Our personal injury attorneys in Phoenix will carefully consider how your accident has affected and changed your life and how it might impact you for years to come. We’ll consult leading accident experts and specialists, working hard to fully appreciate the full scope and extent of the injuries you sustained.
These efforts can help us win a financial award that really reflects what your Phoenix motorcycle accident case is worth.
Is Lane Splitting Legal in Phoenix, AZ?
Arizona recently became the second state to legalize the practice of lane splitting – or moving between two lanes of traffic.
Under a new state law, riders are permitted to split lanes on roads when:
- The speed limit is 45 MPH or less;
- Traffic is stopped;
- Roads have at least two or more lanes traveling in the same direction; and
- Lane splitting can be accomplished safely.
When lane splitting, motorcyclists must not exceed 15 MPH.
In other situations – such as traveling on I-17 or I-10 – lane splitting is still illegal.
It’s important to adhere to Arizona’s new lane-splitting law. If you split lanes in violation of the law and it contributes to a wreck, it could affect your ability to recover compensation.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Getting Blamed for a Phoenix Motorcycle Accident?
Yes, but only if you’re not entirely to blame for the motorcycle accident. Arizona operates under a pure comparative negligence system. Everyone who contributes to a wreck – including victims – shares liability for resulting damages.
Liability is shared proportionately. So, the larger the role you played in causing the accident, the less money you’ll ultimately be able to recover in a related claim for damages.
Let’s say you’re assigned 50 percent fault for a motorcycle wreck (and resulting injuries) because you were lane splitting and weren’t wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. In turn, your financial award would be reduced by half.
Prepare to be blamed for your motorcycle accident, even if those allegations are untrue or exaggerated. After all, at-fault parties and their insurance companies will work hard to limit how much money they have to pay for your injuries.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Phoenix will be ready to defend you against these victim-blaming tactics. We’ll demand hard evidence to back up these claims and work hard to gather evidence of our own to contest them.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Arizona Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits?
When you get hurt in a motorcycle accident in Phoenix, you will typically have two years to seek compensation.
The two-year statute of limitations runs on the date of your accident, the date your injury is diagnosed, or the date a motorcyclist dies, whichever is later.
Even though there are some exceptions to the standard rule, it’s important to get a jumpstart on your motorcycle accident case. You give up the legal right to demand compensation once the statute of limitations runs out.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Whether you’ve suffered severe broken bones, burns, or other catastrophic injuries or experienced the wrongful death of a family member, you may have the right to seek compensation after a motorcycle accident in Phoenix. Our Phoenix motorcycle accident attorneys can help you work toward a full and meaningful financial recovery.
You have a limited amount of time to demand compensation, so don’t hesitate to reach out to Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers for help today.
Members of our legal team are always standing by at our law office in Phoenix, AZ to provide the help and support you need. Call to set up a time for a free consultation today.
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Client Review
Read more of our Google reviews.
Local Physical Therapists
- ATI Physical Therapy – Phoenix – 333 E Osborn Rd Ste 101, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Launch Physical Therapy & Sports Performance Center, LLC. – 1500 E Thomas Rd #110, Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Limitless Physical Therapy – 505 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy | North Central Phoenix – 539 E Glendale Ave #105, Phoenix, AZ 85020
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.
You can also contact a personal injury attorney in Albuquerque, NM.
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Assault Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Child Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ