If you were injured in a car accident involving a recreational vehicle in Phoenix, AZ, reach out to our team for legal advice today. A Phoenix recreational vehicle accident lawyer at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover money for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. Call us at (602) 595-5559.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 55 years of experience in personal injury law cases like car accidents, Phoenix Uber accidents, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, Phoenix bicycle accidents, and many more. We’ve used our experience, resources, and dedication to recover over $30 million for our injured clients.
It’s easy to get more information about your legal options. If you were involved in an accident, contact our law offices in Phoenix, Arizona to schedule a free consultation today.
How Our Attorneys at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in Phoenix, AZ
Recreational vehicle accident victims are vulnerable to serious injuries. These injuries can be extremely expensive. If you were hurt because of someone else’s mistake, you shouldn’t have to bear the cost of your injuries. Filing an insurance claim for compensation is often the only way to help with the financial stress.
Unfortunately, insurance companies often make the accident and injury claims process itself stressful. They try to blame victims for their own injuries or downplay the extent of the damage. Our experienced personal injury lawyers in Phoenix know how to handle these and other insurance tactics.
When you hire Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll use our experience to your advantage by:
- Helping you understand all of your legal options
- Conducting our own investigation into the crash
- Finding out who can be held liable for damages
- Gathering and evaluating all available evidence
- Calculating the value of your personal injury case
- Bringing in experts to help prove more complex aspects of your case
- Defending you against “blame the victim” tactics
- Negotiating fiercely with the insurance company on your behalf
Our Phoenix personal injury attorneys are able to settle most cases without going to trial. However, we won’t hesitate to fight for your rights in court if necessary. To learn more about getting the quality legal representation you deserve, call our personal injury law firm for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Recreational Vehicle Accidents?
Recreational vehicles provide temporary living quarters. For many families, they offer an attractive alternative to hotel accommodations. Because they provide living space, RVs are often as large as 400 square feet in size.
That means they’re much larger than passenger vehicles. Similar to accidents involving commercial trucks, injuries tend to be much more serious when an RV is involved in an accident.
Some examples of vehicles that are classified as recreational vehicles include:
- Motor homes
- Fifth-wheel trailers
- Pop-up campers
- Travel trailers
- Motor coaches
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data, 217 recreational vehicles were involved in fatal accidents across the U.S. in 2020. About 75,000 recreational vehicle accident injuries were reported nationwide in a single year.
During 2020, nine fatal RV accidents were reported across the state of Arizona.
What is My Phoenix Recreational Vehicle Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case will depend on how severe your injuries are. As a general rule, more serious injuries tend to result in higher settlements and verdicts. That’s because the cost of treating a serious injury is higher than in cases involving minor injuries. The injury is also more likely to have a significant impact on your life.
Issues that will be important in assessing the value of your personal injury case include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The expenses incurred because of the injury, including the cost of medical care
- Whether you will make a full recovery
- How the injury impacts your earnings during recovery
- Whether the injury will impact your future earning capacity
- The strength of the evidence available to prove your case
- Your physical and emotional suffering
Most accident victims have questions about the value of their cases. After all, the legal process can be time-consuming and stressful. Feel free to reach out to our lawyers in Phoenix to discuss your specific case in detail. We offer a free case review, so there’s no risk in learning more.
What Types of Damages Are Available After an Accident in Phoenix?
Two primary types of damages are available to accident victims under Arizona personal injury laws:
- Economic damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation, nursing care, and property damage
- Non-economic damages, which compensate for pain and suffering, emotional distress, PTSD, disfigurement, and other non-financial losses
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve handled complicated cases like yours before. We have relationships with experts who can strengthen your claim for compensation.
Our lawyers are ready to get started today, so give us a call to learn more about the types of compensation you may be entitled to receive after an accident.
How Will Arizona’s Comparative Negligence Law Impact the Value of My Personal Injury Claim?
Comparative negligence is an important issue in many personal injury cases. In Arizona, you won’t lose your right to sue for damages unless you were 100% to blame for an accident. That said, shared fault can significantly impact your case value.
Arizona is a pure comparative negligence state. If you share any blame for an accident, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you were 40% responsible for the accident, you’re only entitled to take home 60% of your compensation.
Our Attorneys Will Fight to Recover Fair Compensation for All of Your Accident Injuries
Injuries caused by recreational vehicle accidents can be severe.
Our lawyers have handled RV accident cases involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Crushing injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
RV passengers don’t always wear seatbelts. Unfortunately, that can lead to more severe injuries when an accident occurs. Our lawyers are here to help you handle the legal issues while you recover. Contact our team today to schedule your free case evaluation.
What Are the Common Causes of Recreational Vehicle Accidents in Phoenix, Arizona?
RVs have always offered a great way to tour the western United States. They became even more popular during the COVID-19 pandemic when people wanted to avoid crowded hotels.
Unfortunately, not all drivers are properly trained in handling these large and heavy vehicles–and many don’t have a commercial driver’s license. Inexperienced RV drivers are one of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents involving recreational vehicles.
Some additional factors that tend to make Phoenix RV accidents more likely include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Failure to account for the RV’s longer stopping times
- Dangerous or wide turns
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Weaving between lanes
- High winds, which can cause rollovers due to the RV’s high center of gravity
- Passenger negligence that can distract the driver
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Overloading the vehicle
- Failure to properly secure the trailer to the vehicle
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to maintain the RV in a safe condition
RV crashes are also more likely to occur when road conditions are dangerous or the weather is bad. Sometimes multiple causes combine to cause an accident. Whatever the cause, you can count on our lawyers to get to the bottom of it. Just give us a call for a free case review today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Accident Involving a Recreational Vehicle in Arizona?
Negligence is a failure to exercise reasonable caution under the circumstances.
To prove negligence, your lawyer will work to establish the following elements:
- Someone owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached that duty of care
- The breach was the direct and proximate cause of the accident
- You sustained damages, or injuries, because of the accident
Our Phoenix recreational vehicle accident attorneys will interview witnesses, search for video footage, and even bring in accident reconstruction specialists in complex cases. That way, we’ll have detailed evidence to prove your case to the insurance companies.
How Long Do I Have to File a Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawsuit in Arizona?
The statute of limitations is a deadline for taking legal action after an accident. If you miss the deadline, you lose your right to sue for damages entirely.
Under Arizona law, you typically have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait any longer than two years, it’s also unlikely that the insurance company will be willing to negotiate a fair settlement.
Contact a Phoenix Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer for a Free Case Review Today
The financial compensation you recover after an accident can have a significant impact on your future. Don’t let the insurance company undervalue your injury claim or give you the runaround. Instead, call Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with an experienced Phoenix recreational vehicle accident lawyer who will stand up for you.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Phoenix, AZ
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
1221 E Osborn Rd UNIT 201,
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Phone: (602) 595-5559
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Assault Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Child Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ