If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Phoenix, AZ, you may be entitled to recover damages. At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers we have over 55 years of combined experience settling cases for accident victims. Contact a Phoenix truck accident lawyer at (602) 595-5559 to handle your case.
Did you or a family member suffer injuries in a car accident involving a semi-truck, tractor-trailer, or big rig in Phoenix, Arizona? These types of accidents can be devastating. An experienced lawyer at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and your personal suffering.
We’ve been successful. Over the years, we’ve recovered over $30 million in settlements and verdicts from cases like Phoenix car crashes, Phoenix motorcycle accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, catastrophic injuries, and pedestrian accidents, among others. Don’t wait to seek legal advice if you were injured in a truck accident. Contact our law offices in Phoenix, Arizona to schedule a free consultation today.
How Can Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Truck Accident in Phoenix, AZ?
Most truck accident cases are more complicated than your average motor vehicle accident claim. Many different parties may be involved. You may also be facing off against a large trucking company and its defense team. Because injuries tend to be more severe, insurance companies will work even harder to minimize the value of your case.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our Phoenix personal injury lawyers help clients fight insurance companies on a daily basis. We know the tricks they’ll use to pressure you into accepting a lowball settlement. Let us take on the burden of the insurance battle while you recover.
Here are just some of the things our lawyers can do to help:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the truck crash
- Compile evidence to prove your case
- Hire experts who can help with the details
- Defend you when you’re blamed for contributing to the crash
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement
If you were injured, the clock is already ticking. Contact our Phoenix personal injury attorneys to learn more about the benefits of legal representation today.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Arizona?
According to Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA) statistics, 4,842 large trucks were involved in fatal car accidents across the United States in 2020.
Many of those crashes occurred in Arizona. The trucking industry contributes about $8.1 billion to Arizona’s economy each year. More than 92,000 Arizonians are employed in the trucking and transportation industry.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, in 2021, 2,831 tractor-trailers were involved in accidents across the state of Arizona. Of that total, 81 were fatal, and 784 large commercial truck accidents caused at least one injury.
What Is a Truck Accident Injury Case in Phoenix Worth?
There’s no doubt about it: injuries are expensive. Healing will take time and money. It’s important to get the full compensation you’re entitled to receive regardless of the nature of your injuries.
Most people don’t understand their case value. Insurance companies can exploit that and try to get away with paying less than you deserve. That’s why it’s always important to have an experienced attorney calculate the value of your personal injury case before you accept a settlement offer.
Some of the most important factors that can influence your case value include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The circumstances of the accident
- The cost of your past medical treatment and your need for future medical care
- Your lost wages during recovery
- The emotional trauma caused by the accident
- How the injury will impact your quality of life and future work
Your insurance policy is unlikely to cover the full amount of your damages. Our lawyers can help you identify all parties who may be financially responsible for your losses. We’re always available to discuss your case, so call our law firm in Phoenix to learn more about your legal options today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Truck Accidents in Phoenix?
Examples of the types of compensation that you may be entitled to receive include:
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
If your case goes to court, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. While rare, Arizona courts sometimes award punitive damages to punish the at-fault party for intentional wrongdoing or gross negligence.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Truck Accident in Arizona?
Large trucking companies and their insurers often try to blame injured parties for causing the accident. If they succeed, your settlement or verdict will be reduced by the amount of blame that is allocated to you.
Arizona is a pure comparative negligence state. Each party to an accident is assigned a percentage of fault. Each party is also responsible for their own percentage of fault. So, if you’re found to be 30% responsible for the accident, you can only take home 70% of your compensation.
Our Phoenix Accident Lawyers Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Truck Accident Injuries
Commercial trucks are large and heavy. They can also contain dangerous cargo. In an accident, unfortunately, occupants in passenger cars are the most likely to suffer serious injuries.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers often represent truck accident victims who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
Our lawyers also have the experience to help you file a wrongful death claim if you have lost a loved one in a fatal trucking accident.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Trucking Accidents in Arizona?
Some of the leading causes of truck accidents include:
- Fatigued truck drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Dangerous passing
- Weaving between lanes on the highway
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving the truck while under the influence of drugs
- Failure to inspect and maintain the truck
- Failure to properly connect the tractor to the trailer
- Improperly secured cargo
- Failure to account for the vehicle’s longer stopping times and wide turns
- Road hazards
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Defective safety equipment
Truck accidents can also occur when truck drivers violate FMCSA hours-of-service regulations to meet tight deadlines.
Who Can Be Held Liable for My Damages After a Trucking Accident in Phoenix?
When a truck driver causes an accident, it’s likely that someone else may ultimately be responsible for paying your damages. Truck drivers are employees in most cases. That means their employer can be held liable for the truck driver’s negligence.
Examples of potentially responsible parties in your case include:
- The trucking company
- Maintenance companies
- Inspection companies
- Government agencies that are responsible for oversight
- A company that is responsible for the truck’s cargo
- Manufacturers of defective safety equipment
To make sure you’re getting fair compensation, it’s important to identify every party who shares blame for the accident. Otherwise, you risk leaving money on the table.
How Do I Prove I Deserve Compensation After a Truck Accident in Arizona?
The vast majority of truck accident claims are based on negligence. Once you determine the cause of the accident, you must also gather evidence to establish:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach caused the accident
- You sustained damages
Many different types of evidence can be used to establish these elements, including:
- The truck’s black box recording device
- The truck driver’s hours-of-service logs
- Trucking maintenance and inspection records
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Video surveillance footage
- Opinions from expert witnesses
If you were injured in a truck accident, chances are good that the trucking company is already investigating and gathering evidence. You deserve an experienced lawyer to do the same for you. Contact our Phoenix truck accident attorneys so that we can help you find out who was responsible for the crash.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Arizona?
The statute of limits provides a deadline for taking legal action after an accident. Under Arizona law, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once the two-year anniversary of the truck wreck passes, you can no longer sue the responsible party for damages.
There are, of course, exceptions to the rule. These exceptions are few and far between, but it’s possible that a different deadline could apply in your case. Our lawyers are here to make sure you don’t miss important deadlines that can impact your case. To learn more, call our legal team for a free case review today.
Contact a Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
An injury can make your life difficult in so many ways. An experienced Phoenix truck accident lawyer can help you get the money you need for treatment and other costs while you recover. Contact Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, to learn more about our personal injury law firm today.
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Client Review
Read more of our Google reviews.
Local Emergency Rooms
- Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center Emergency Room – 650 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Phoenix Indian Medical Center (PIMC) Emergency Room – Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Emergency Room – 1919 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital: Emergency Room – 1930 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Phoenix Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix Construction Accident Lawyers
- Car Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix Dog Bite Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ