Did you recently suffer a spinal cord injury in an accident in Phoenix, Arizona? Contact the Phoenix spinal cord injury lawyers at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your legal rights. Call (602) 595-5559 to get started with a free case evaluation now.
Since 2011, Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers has been a fierce advocate for spinal cord injury victims and devastated families in Phoenix. As top-rated Arizona trial attorneys with 55+ years of combined experience, we’ve helped our clients win over $30 million in verdicts and settlements.
Now we’re ready to help you take on an aggressive insurance company and fight for the top-dollar payout you deserve.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Spinal Cord Injury in Phoenix, AZ
Spinal cord injuries can be catastrophic. Depending on the extent of your injury, it can fundamentally change how you live your life. You’ll need time to recover and figure out a path forward. You’ll also need money to cover your extensive medical bills and make up for the income you’ve lost while you’re out of work.
Fortunately, you can be entitled to a monetary award if someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions caused you to get hurt. Our experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyers are here to help you navigate your legal claim and fight to get every cent you deserve.
When you choose Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, you make it clear to the defendant that you won’t be pushed around or manipulated into taking a lowball offer.
You’ll also get the compassionate, approachable legal representation you need during this trying time in your life.
Trust our team to:
- Handle all aspects of your spinal cord injury claim so you can focus on getting better
- Carefully investigate the circumstances of your case
- Gather compelling evidence to support a strong legal claim for damages
- Bring in expert witnesses to provide insight and guidance as we calculate what your spinal cord injury case is worth
- Represent you during all negotiations with the insurance company and other parties
- Bring your case to a Maricopa County jury, if necessary
Our spinal cord injury attorneys in Phoenix are highly skilled litigators who are never afraid to take tough cases to trial. If you’re not offered a fair settlement offer, we’ll be more than ready to bring your case to a jury and fight to secure a life-changing verdict on your behalf.
Contact us to learn more about the benefits of working with our top-rated law firm. We work on contingency and offer a free consultation, so there’s no cost to ask for our help unless we win your spinal cord injury case.
Understanding Spinal Cord Injuries
The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves, tissue, and fiber that runs from the base of your skull to your tailbone. It’s protected by connective tissue, muscle, and 33 small bones called vertebrae, which make up the spine.
The spinal cord’s primary function is to relay signals between the brain and the rest of the body.
A spinal cord injury occurs whenever any part of the spinal cord is damaged.
This damage – however slight – can disrupt the spinal cord’s ability to communicate signals to the body. As a result, anything from minor to essential life functions can be compromised.
Levels of Spinal Cord Injuries
The spinal cord is divided into four major parts: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral.
- Cervical spinal cord: Situated at the top of the spine, the cervical spinal cord contains 8 nerve pairs that control the upper body, arms, and hands.
- Thoracic spinal cord: Situated in the upper back, the thoracic spinal cord contains 12 nerve pairs that control the stomach and chest.
- Lumbar spinal cord: Situated in the lower back, the lumbar spinal cord contains 5 nerve pairs that control the trunk and upper legs.
- Sacral spinal cord: Situated at the base of the spine, the sacral spinal cord contains 5 nerve pairs that control the lower legs, thighs, and genitals.
The higher the level of injury – or the higher on the spinal cord the injury – the more catastrophic the potential consequences.
That’s because everything below the level of injury is affected. So, an injury to the cervical region can potentially affect the entire body, even though the cervical region is primarily responsible for regulating the upper body.
Potential Long-Term Consequences of a Spinal Cord Injury
Depending on whether the injury is complete or incomplete and which part of the spinal cord is injured, potential long-term consequences include:
- Limited mobility
- Respiratory failure
- Heart failure
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction
- Urinary tract infections
- Recurrent infections
- Deep vein thrombosis
Studies also suggest that a severe spinal cord injury – particularly during childhood – can affect your life expectancy.
What Are the Leading Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Phoenix?
Any accident or act of violence can potentially cause a spinal cord injury.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have suffered spinal cord injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Accidents involving defective products
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Birth injury
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our law office to discuss the specific details of your case and discover how our spinal cord injury lawyers in Phoenix can help you move forward. We’re always here to help – 24/7/365.
What Is My Phoenix Spinal Cord Injury Case Worth?
The lifetime costs of a spinal cord injury can be quite high. According to The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, a 25-year-old victim can expect costs ranging from $1.5 million to $4.7 million, depending on the severity of their spinal cord injury. For a 50-year-old victim, costs can range from $1.1 million to $2.5 million.
Needless to say, it’s important to pursue compensation after you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury in Phoenix.
However, the precise value of your case will ultimately depend on the details that make your situation unique:
- What is the level of your spinal cord injury?
- Is the spinal cord injury complete or incomplete?
- Are your injuries permanent?
- Do you require assistance performing daily tasks like bathing, driving, and eating?
- Have you been forced to stop working?
- How has your earning capacity changed?
- How old are you?
- Has your life expectancy changed?
- Are you getting blamed for the accident that caused your spinal cord injury?
You’ll have one opportunity to recover compensation for your spinal cord injury, so you’ll need to make the most of it. At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve successfully won over $30 million for our clients. Benefit from our experience, reputation, and resources by calling us for help today.
What Compensation is Available to Phoenix Spinal Cord Injury Victims?
An injury to the spinal cord can be costly – physically, emotionally, and financially. Fortunately, compensation can be awarded to help you offset your expenses and cope with the trauma of your accident.
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Diminished earning capacity
- Nursing assistance
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Loss of consortium
Our spinal cord injury lawyers in Phoenix will carefully evaluate the details of your case and work to recover all of the damages to which you’re entitled under Arizona state law.
Can Shared Fault Affect My Spinal Cord Injury Settlement in Arizona?
Yes. If you share responsibility for the accident that caused your spine injury, it will have a direct impact on your settlement or jury award.
Arizona has a pure comparative negligence system. Under the law, damages are reduced proportionately to fault. The more responsibility you share, the less money you can potentially recover from a liable party.
How Long Will I Have to File an Arizona Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit?
Once the statute of limitations expires, so will your opportunity to seek financial accountability from responsible parties and their insurers.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Phoenix Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
You don’t have to struggle with the consequences and burdens of a spinal cord injury on your own. If you got hurt because of someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help you hold them accountable.
Contact our Phoenix spinal cord injury attorneys to set yourself up for the financial victory you deserve. With 55+ years of combined experience and a proven ability to win meaningful results, we’re uniquely positioned to help you get your life back on track.
We offer a free consultation, so call our Phoenix, AZ law office to schedule yours today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Phoenix, AZ
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
1221 E Osborn Rd UNIT 201,
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Phone: (602) 595-5559
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Assault Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Child Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ