If you were involved in an accident in Albuquerque, NM, you might be entitled to recover damages. An Albuquerque personal injury attorney at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Contact our Albuquerque law office at (505) 594-3621 to schedule a free case review.
We know that accidents and personal injuries can have devastating long-term consequences for victims and their families. That’s why our skilled attorneys with 55+ years of combined experience will fight for the best interests of our clients. We’ve get compensation for our clients in accident cases.
If you are hurt, the insurance company and the at-fault party are more interested in protecting themselves from liability than paying a fair settlement to you. Don’t let them convince you to accept a settlement offer without legal advice.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You with Your Albuquerque Injury Case
Our New Mexico law firm is dedicated to handling injury and wrongful death claims. We have a 98% success record after taking on more than 3,000 cases. Our accident attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our clients.
We are skilled trial lawyers and seasoned negotiators. While you focus on your recovery, we’ll focus intently on getting you the maximum compensation in your case.
When you hire our top-rated attorneys, we will:
- Complete an independent accident investigation to determine what caused your injuries
- Gather evidence proving causation, fault, and damages
- Calculate the correct value of damages to determine how much your case is worth
- Hire medical specialists, financial professionals, accident reconstructionists, and other expert witnesses as necessary
- Handle all matters related to insurance claims, including negotiating settlements
- Fight allegations blaming you for causing the accident
- File a lawsuit and take your case to court if the other parties refuse to negotiate in good faith
You do not pay any attorneys’ fees until we recover money in your case. Contact our office to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Visit Our Albuquerque Personal Injury Law Office
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
400 Gold Avenue SW Suite 650
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone: (505) 594-3621
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You may have a case if you were injured due to the actions or omissions of another party. Most claims are based on negligence, meaning they are the result of an individual’s carelessness or failure to act reasonably. Negligence cases can result from motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, premises liability incidents, and other accidents.
Some injury cases are based on another party’s intentional misconduct. Assault is one example. Other cases are based on strict liability theories, meaning that a party is liable for an injury because they engaged in unlawful conduct. Product liability is one example of a strict liability case.
The best way to determine if you have a case is to contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Albuquerque.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury attorney can be your greatest asset after an accident. They provide several benefits, including:
- They can level the playing field. Insurance companies have vast resources to challenge your claim, including adjusters, attorneys, and other staff. They will use everything at their disposal to minimize the value of your case. Your injury attorney gives you access to your own winning resources and protects you from the insurers attempts to undermine your claim.
- They can shield you from blame. Insurance companies like to blame the victim for their own accident/injury. If they are successful, they can reduce your compensation by the percentage of your alleged fault. However, not all allegations of comparative fault are true. Your lawyer can protect you from unfounded allegations that you contributed to your accident and maximize the value of your claim.
- They can help you get full compensation. It can be hard to know the value of your claim without help from experienced professionals. Your attorney will help you identify and calculate all your damages related to your accident, including future losses you will incur. They can even bring in experts in medicine and finance to help evaluate your damages.
- They can give you time to rest. Your injury attorney can handle all the legal aspects of your case. They can take the burden of your shoulders and put it onto theirs. That way, you can have time to rest and recover while they focus on your injury case.
Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation to learn more about how we can assist you after an accident.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in Albuquerque
Curiel and Runion handles all types of accident and injury cases in Albuquerque.
We have recovered tens of millions in injury awards. We have extensive experience handling the following case types.
Car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in Albuquerque. If you’ve been injured in a crash due to someone else’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation. Our Albuquerque car accident lawyers will work to maximize the value of your claim.
Motorcycle accidents are not uncommon in Albuquerque. Drivers often fail to watch out for bikers. If a negligent driver struck your bike, you may be eligible for a compensation award. Our Albuquerque motorcycle accident attorneys can help you hold the at-fault party responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Truck accidents can cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful death due to the sheer size and weight of semi-trucks. You may be entitled to damages if a truck driver or trucking company caused your crash. Our Albuquerque truck accident lawyers have decades of combined experience handling truck accident cases.
Slip & Fall Accidents
Slip and falls can happen at any business or public property. They usually occur due to a property owner’s failure to correct or warn of slipping hazards on their property. If you were in a slip and fall accident, you may have a claim. An Albuquerque slip and fall attorney can help you assess the merits of your case.
Dog owners are responsible for keeping their dogs restrained so they cannot bite or attack other people. However, not all dog owners live up to this duty. If you were bit by a dog, you may be entitled to damages from the pet owner. Our Albuquerque dog bite lawyers will determine all available sources of compensation.
Uber and Lyft offer a convenient way to get around Albuquerque. However, rideshare drivers do not have any special training and can cause an accident just like any other driver. Our Albuquerque Uber accident lawyers can help you evaluate all avenues for compensation after a rideshare accident, including insurance policies for the rideshare company.
If you lost a loved one in a fatal accident, New Mexico law allows you to file a wrongful death claim to hold the at-fault party liable for your damages related to the death. Our compassionate Albuquerque wrongful death attorneys can help you seek justice and recover money for your loss of support and companionship.
We have the experience and resources to take on any case or defendant. We regularly represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Workplace accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Brain injuries
- And more
Contact us today to schedule a free case review to dicuss your claim.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Many factors influence how much your case is worth.
The strength of your evidence is only one factor that impacts how much money you can receive after an accident.
Some considerations that affect the value of your case include:
- The type of injuries you suffered
- Whether you sustain a permanent impairment or disability
- The parties involved in the case
- Whether you contributed to the cause of your injuries
- The insurance policy limits, such as automobile insurance or liability insurance
- Whether you can return to work
- How your injuries impact your daily activities
Our lawyers will analyze all aspects of your case. We’ll determine which factors can help or hurt your case and develop a strategy to maximize recovery of damages.
What Damages Can I Recover in a New Mexico Personal Injury Claim?
An injured party in Albuquerque can pursue a claim for compensatory damages. These damages include the financial losses caused by the accident.
Economic damages may include:
- Medical bills and expenses related to the treatment of injuries
- The cost of rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages, benefits, and other income
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Cost of help with household chores and personal care
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Physical agony
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Impairments and disabilities
- A decrease in quality of life
- Mental anguish
In a small number of cases, a jury could award punitive damages. These awards are non-compensatory damages because they do not compensate you for losses. Instead, punitive damages are awarded against the party who caused your injuries because of their conduct.
Our lawyers will work with you to document all damages you sustain because of the accident. Depending on the severity of your injuries, we may also consult medical specialists and financial professionals to assist in calculating future damages for disabling conditions.
What Happens If I’m Partially At Fault for the Cause of My Injury in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
New Mexico’s pure comparative negligence laws do not bar you from receiving compensation if you are partially to blame for causing your injury. However, a judge can reduce your compensation by your percentage of fault.
For example, suppose a jury awards you $750,000 after a truck accident. However, suppose the jurors found that your comparative fault contributed to the cause of the accident and that you are responsible for 30% of the damages. In this case, your award would be reduced by 30% or $225,000.
Insurance companies often use comparative fault to unjustly reduce the value of a claim. An experienced lawyer can protect you from unfounded allegations that you caused your accident.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
It costs nothing upfront. Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay any fees, unless they win your case. An attorney will deduct the fees from your settlement or jury verdict, which can vary between 33 and 40% of the money they recover.
Our attorneys agree to accept a contingency fee for our legal services in accident cases.
What Is the Statute of Limitations For Personal Injury Lawsuits in New Mexico?
The statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to file an injury lawsuit. The New Mexico statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits is three years from the accident date. However, there are exceptions to the rule.
There are different deadlines for filing a lawsuit or a claim in New Mexico. If you do not file your lawsuit before the deadline expires, you lose the right to pursue a claim through the courts.
For example, the deadline for filing a wrongful death lawsuit is three years from the date of death. The date of death and the accident date might not be the same day. There are also special rules that apply in cases involving minors or government entities.
For example, claims against the government require you to file a notice of claim within 90 days to preserve your rights, with a two-year deadline for filing a lawsuit.
What is Negligence and How Do I Prove It?
Negligence is the foundation for most personal injury claims. It means that a party has failed to act with reasonable care and injured another person. Your lawyer will use many different types of evidence to show that the other party was negligent or careless.
Each case is unique. Therefore, your claim may involve different types of evidence.
When proving negligence, you must show the following:
- The party who caused your injury owed you a legal duty of care
- That party breached their duty of care by failing to act reasonably or meet the standard of care
- The party’s conduct was the proximate and direct cause of your injuries
- You suffered damages and harm because of the party’s actions
You have the burden of proving your case by a preponderance of the evidence. The jury must believe that your version of events more likely than not.
Our legal team will develop a solid case based on evidence to prove that the other party is legally liable for your damages.
Will I Have To Go To Court For My Injury Claim?
Over 90% of accident cases settle without the need for trial. Therefore, the chances are good that your case will not proceed to trial. You may not even need to go to trial if your claim settles during the insurance process.
However, there are instances where you might need to file a lawsuit to recover full compensation for your claim. For example, you might need to take the insurance company to court if:
- They are blaming you for the accident.
- They are accusing you of failing to mitigate your damages.
- They are attempting to devalue your financial losses.
- They have denied your injury claim.
Your lawyer can help you set the right expectations about whether your case will go to court. Ultimately, it will be your decision to accept a settlement offer or proceed to court.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Albuquerque Today
Hiring an attorney levels the playing field. It gives you access to resources and legal advice you need to fight for fair compensation for damages.
Our legal team at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers will fiercely and aggressively pursue all claims to get you the money you need as you continue to recover.
Call now to schedule a free case review with an Albuquerque personal injury attorney.
Highly Rated Local Physical Therapy Clinics
- ATI Physical Therapy – 600 Central Ave SE Ste D, Albuquerque, NM 87102, United States
- Langford Sports & Physical Therapy – 4400 Lead Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, United States
- Fletcher Physical Therapy and Consulting, LLC – 312 Rosemont Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102, United States
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
- What Is the Difference Between a Lawyer and an Attorney?
- Basic Personal Injury Settlement Breakdown: How Much Goes Into My Pocket?