Were you injured while riding your bike in Albuquerque, NM? The legal team at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help you. With an experienced Albuquerque bicycle accident lawyer in your corner, you’re much more likely to recover full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our law offices in Albuquerque, New Mexico at (505) 594-3621 for a free consultation.
Our lawyers have over 55 years of experience between us in cases like car accidents, Albuquerque Uber accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, Albuquerque pedestrian accidents, and more. We’ve used our experience and legal knowledge to help our injured clients recover over $30 million in settlements and verdicts to date. We’re ready to do everything in our power to help you walk away with full compensation for your injuries.
Why Should I Trust Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, to Handle My Albuquerque Bicycle Accident Claim?
It’s likely that you’re dealing with severe injuries if you were hurt in a biking accident. That means sky-high medical bills. You might also be unable to work, so daily expenses can add up. Our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers understand the stress that you’re under.
We also know that insurance companies don’t make matters easier. They might even try to take advantage of your financial stress by offering a lowball settlement deal. You don’t have to stand for that.
Our lawyers have a 98% success rate when it comes to helping accident victims recover the money they need and deserve. We know how to protect you from insurance scare tactics and manipulation.
When we take on your case, our lawyers will:
- Conduct our own investigation to determine who is liable for your damages
- Protect you if you’re blamed for your own injuries
- Assess your case value
- Enlist experts who can help prove more complex aspects of your case
- Negotiate fiercely for fair compensation
If you’re tired, frustrated, or just curious about your legal rights, contact our Albuquerque personal injury attorneys today. Your consultation is free, so there’s no reason to wait.
How Common Are Bike Accidents in New Mexico?
Riding a bike is a great way to protect your health and the environment. Bicycling in Albuquerque can also be dangerous. According to a recent report, New Mexico is the seventh most dangerous state in the nation for bicyclists.
In 2021, 243 bicycles were involved in car accidents across the State of New Mexico. Unfortunately, six of those accidents were fatal. Another 213 bicycles were involved in injury-producing car crashes.
More than half of all bicycle accidents in a recent five-year period happened in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County as well.
What Is My Albuquerque Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
The value of your bicycle injury case will depend on many different factors. In any personal injury case, the severity of your injuries is the most important factor. However, other factors may be relevant.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers take the time to evaluate your case on its merits before we file a claim with insurance.
We’ll analyze all of the unique aspects of your case, including:
- The nature and severity of the injuries you’ve suffered
- The value of your current financial losses, including the cost of medical treatment and other out-of-pocket expenses
- Whether you will lose income during recovery
- Whether you will suffer any permanent impairment
- How the injury impacts your quality of life, work, and education
- Your prognosis, including your need for future medical care and rehabilitation
Many other factors could influence your case value. You can count on our lawyers to thoroughly examine the facts when we’re calculating the fair value of your personal injury claim. To learn more about your case value, contact a personal injury lawyer in Albuquerque for a free case review today.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available in Albuquerque Bicycle Accident Cases?
New Mexico personal injury laws give victims the right to seek compensation for their financial and non-financial losses.
Economic damages compensate for your financial costs, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages compensate for more personal or emotional losses, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
New Mexico does not cap the amount of damages you can receive. If your case is successful, your compensation award should account for all of your economic and non-economic losses.
How Can New Mexico’s Comparative Negligence Law Impact My Case Value if I Share Blame for the Accident?
Negligent drivers and their insurance companies often blame victims for causing their own injuries. It’s important to understand that after an accident, you may be entitled to damages even if you were partly responsible for the crash. If someone else was even slightly responsible, you can still recover a portion of your damages.
New Mexico is a pure comparative negligence state. Liability is divided between all parties to an accident–including people who are injured. Each party is responsible for their own percentage of fault.
For example, if you’re found to be 20% liable for the accident, you can recover 80% of your compensation award.
Bicycle Accidents Often Cause Severe and Life-Changing Injuries
Bicyclists are much more likely to be seriously injured than occupants in passenger vehicles. After all, they lack seatbelts, airbags, and a sturdy metal frame to protect them. Wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of serious brain damage, but it can’t protect you from most other injuries.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent injured bike riders who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Burns and “road rash”
- Catastrophic injuries
Bike accidents are also more likely to be fatal, especially when high speeds are involved. Our lawyers can also help your family fight for fair compensation after the wrongful death of a loved one.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
According to the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT), some of the leading causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Improper passing
- Drug and alcohol use
- Racing through intersections
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Ignoring traffic laws
- Cell phone use and texting while driving
- Failure to check for cyclists before backing up
Of course, many other factors can contribute to motor vehicle accidents. Many bike accidents occur because of a lack of dedicated bike lanes to protect cyclists. Dangerous street designs and high speed limits can also play a role in a crash.
You deserve to understand the cause of your accident if you were injured. Contact our Albuquerque bicycle accident attorneys so that we can begin our investigation today. We offer free case reviews, so there’s no risk in calling.
How Do I Establish My Right To Recover Compensation After a Bicycle Accident in New Mexico?
Most bicycle accident victims establish their right to compensation by proving that someone else’s negligent acts caused the accident.
- A legal duty of care existed
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach of duty directly caused your accident
- You suffered damages as a result of the accident
You’re already dealing with serious injuries. Our lawyers can handle the investigation into your accident. We’ll gather all available evidence to help prove the cause of your accident, identify the responsible parties and calculate your case value.
That evidence might include:
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Information gathered from the accident scene
- Video surveillance footage
- Photos of the accident scene
- Opinions of accident reconstruction specialists and other experts
- Your doctor’s opinions about your recovery prospects
- Cell phone records if distracted driving is suspected
- Results of drug or alcohol testing in cases involving drunk driving
We’ll do whatever it takes to build the strongest claim for compensation possible. If you were injured in a bike accident, call our law firm in Albuquerque to schedule a free case review. We’re ready to get started today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in New Mexico?
New Mexico law limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after an accident. The statute of limitations in most New Mexico personal injury cases is three years. You have three years from the date of the accident to take legal action.
If you miss the three-year deadline, you lose the right to sue for damages. It’s also unlikely that the insurance company will offer a fair settlement if you cannot seek compensation in court.
Contact an Albuquerque Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
It’s always a good idea to consult an experienced attorney after an accident, especially if you were seriously injured. You can learn more about your legal rights by calling an experienced Albuquerque bicycle accident lawyer at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers today. Your consultation is 100% free of charge.
Our personal injury law firm in Albuquerque, NM also provides:
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Bus Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Car Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Child Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Construction Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Product Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Slip And Fall Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
Visit Our Personal Injury Office in Albuquerque, NM
Local Emergency Rooms
- Albuquerque ER & Hospital – 9310 Coors Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
- Heart Hospital of New Mexico: Emergency Room – 504 Elm St NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Kaseman Emergency Medicine – 8300 Constitution Ave NE, I-40, Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Lovelace Medical Center-Downtown- Emergency Room – 601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Albuquerque Bicycle Accident Client Review
Read more of our Google reviews.