If you or a family member were injured in a car accident involving a taxi cab in Albuquerque, NM, it’s important to understand your legal options. You may be entitled to recover compensation from the responsible party. An experienced Albuquerque taxi accident lawyer at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for money to cover medical expenses, lost income, and more.
We have over 55 years of combined experience in personal injury law. Over the years, we’ve recovered over $30 million for our injured clients.
Why Should I Hire Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers for Help After a Taxi Accident in Albuquerque?
Whether you are a taxi passenger, driver in another vehicle, or simply walking down the street, taxi crashes can cause serious injuries. Mostly, these crashes are preventable. They happen because other people are careless. Innocent people like you get hurt and are left to struggle with the consequences.
That’s not fair. An experienced Albuquerque personal injury lawyer can help you fight for financial compensation.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers have a 98% track record of success when it comes to recovering financial compensation for our clients.
We’ll put our experience to work for you by:
- Explaining your legal rights and options
- Providing skilled legal advice at all stages of the legal process
- Investigating and collecting evidence to support your car accident claim
- Determining who is legally obligated to pay your damages
- Calculating your case value
- Working with trusted experts who can strengthen your case
- Protecting you if you’re blamed for causing your own injuries
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
We know how much is at stake–and how important it is to recover fair financial compensation. That’s why we work tirelessly to protect our clients. We’re always available to discuss your case, so call our Albuquerque personal injury attorneys today.
What Factors Will Impact the Value of My Albuquerque Taxi Accident Claim?
There is no such thing as a standard settlement award. That’s for good reason. Your personal injury case is unique. You deserve a compensation award that fully accounts for your unique injuries and losses.
Many different factors will impact your case value. The most important factors are:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical care
- Your need for future medical treatment, rehabilitation, and assistance
- The income you lose during your recovery
- Whether your future earning capacity is reduced because of a permanent disability
- Your pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Whether you share blame for the crash
Personal injury claims can take time to settle. The insurance company may be pushing you to settle. It’s important to seek legal advice first. Otherwise, you risk taking a lowball settlement that doesn’t fully account for your past and future losses.
Our attorneys have the experience necessary to build a strong case for the compensation you need and deserve. Contact our team today to schedule your free case review.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims in Albuquerque, NM?
Depending on the facts, car accident victims are often entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- In-home assistance
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, or PTSD
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Your financial compensation should make you whole again after an accident–at least where your bank account is concerned. It should also compensate for the personal losses you have suffered. While money can never really take away your pain, suffering, and trauma, it can make life more manageable.
What Happens to My Compensation Award if I’m Being Blamed for a Taxi Accident in New Mexico?
Yes, as long as someone else was at least partly responsible for the crash.
New Mexico is a pure comparative negligence state. Blame is divided between all parties who share fault for an accident. Each party is responsible for their own percentage of fault.
For example, if the insurance company proves you were 20% responsible, they can reduce your settlement by 20%. You’re still entitled to 80% of your compensation award. You’re also responsible for 20% of any other victim’s damages.
Your compensation probably won’t be reduced to zero. Even so, insurance companies are notorious for taking advantage of this law. They want to shift as much blame as possible to the victim–so they can pay as little as possible.
If you’re being blamed, contact our personal injury law firm for help today. We know how to protect you.
Our Lawyers in Albuquerque Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Taxi Accident Injuries
The injuries you suffer in an accident can have a dramatic impact on your life–both now and well into the future.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we often handle personal injury cases involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
- Eye injuries
- Broken bones
- Joint injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice. Even if you’re still recovering, our Albuquerque car accident lawyers can begin fighting to protect your right to full compensation.
What Causes Most Taxicab Accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
While taxis can be extremely convenient, they can’t prevent you from being involved in an accident.
We’ve all seen taxi drivers weaving through the city streets. Cab drivers spend their entire workday behind the wheel. They’re much more likely to be tired, distracted, and in a rush to maximize their profits for the day.
Some of the most common causes of taxi accidents in Albuquerque include:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Road rage
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal lane changes
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Rushing through intersections
- Drunk driving
- Drug use
- Failure to maintain the taxi vehicle in a safe condition
Our Albuquerque car accident attorneys handle all types of taxi crash cases. If you were hurt, call us today to learn more about legal representation.
Who Is Responsible for Paying My Damages After a Taxi Accident in Albuquerque?
Car accident cases involving taxis present unique complications. Even if the cab driver caused the accident, someone else may share the blame. Taxi drivers are often employed by a cab company. As an employer, the cab company can be held liable for their employee’s negligent driving.
Of course, anyone who was even partly responsible can be held liable, including:
- The at-fault taxi driver
- Taxi companies
- Third-party drivers
- Manufacturers of defective taxi parts
- Inspection and maintenance companies
- Government agencies responsible for licensing or oversight
More than one party may ultimately be responsible for paying your damages.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in New Mexico?
Like other motor vehicle accident claims, most taxi accident claims are based on negligence.
The elements of a negligence claim are:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach was the direct cause of your accident
- You suffered damages
All drivers have a legal duty to drive carefully and obey traffic laws. However, as common carriers, taxi drivers are responsible for transporting passengers safely from point A to point B. So, they’re held to a higher standard. Still, you’ll have to locate evidence to prove every element of your case.
That evidence might include:
- Police reports
- Traffic citations
- Evidence from the crash scene, including skid marks, vehicle damage, and more.
- Medical records
- Statements from witnesses
- Video surveillance footage from dash cams or traffic lights
- Alcohol or drug test results
- Cell phone records
- Opinions prepared by specialists and accident reconstruction experts
Let our lawyers gather the evidence to build your case while you recover from your injuries. Contact Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers for your 100% free consultation today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in New Mexico?
In most New Mexico personal injury cases, you have three years to file a lawsuit. The three-year statute of limitations clock starts to run on the date of the auto accident. Once three years go by, you cannot sue for damages.
There are some exceptions to the rule, but they’re extremely rare. We always recommend taking legal action sooner rather than later to protect yourself.
Contact an Albuquerque Taxi Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation Today
If you were injured and it wasn’t your fault, call Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers today. We know you probably have many questions. An experienced Albuquerque taxi accident lawyer can help you get the answers you need.
Our personal injury law firm in Albuquerque, NM also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Bus Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Car Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Child Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Construction Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Product Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Slip And Fall Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM