Were you recently hit by a car in Albuquerque, New Mexico? Contact the lawyers at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers by calling (505) 594-3621 for immediate legal assistance. You may be entitled to compensation for medical care, lost earnings, and other accident-related damages. Our award-winning Albuquerque pedestrian accident lawyers are ready to help you.
Since 2011, Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers has been a trusted advocate of injured pedestrians in Albuquerque, NM. Collectively, our top-rated trial attorneys have over 55 years of experience and a proven track record of winning top results, with over $30 million recovered from Albuquerque truck accidents, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, Uber accidents, bicycle accidents in Albuquerque, and many more.
Set yourself up for success by scheduling a free consultation at our law office in Albuquerque, we’ll help you take a stand and fight to get the maximum financial payout you deserve.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Pedestrian Accident in Albuquerque, NM
What caused your pedestrian accident? Is the driver of the vehicle that hit you solely to blame? What will you need to prove your case and recover compensation? How can you be sure that an insurance company’s settlement offer is fair? What happens if you’re getting blamed for the pedestrian accident?
Focus on recovering from your pedestrian accident injuries and let our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers handle the rest.
We have the experience, insight, resources, and knowledge needed to answer these – and other – important questions about your pedestrian accident case.
Count on us to:
- Obtain and analyze accident reports, medical records, property damage, toxicology reports, video footage of the accident, and other evidence
- Find and interview witnesses to the pedestrian accident
- Consult expert witnesses and specialists as we investigate, build, and value your pedestrian accident claim
- Represent you during conversations with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Defend against claims that you share responsibility for the pedestrian accident
- Seek a top-dollar settlement by using tried-and-true negotiation tactics
- Offer advice and guidance about the pros and cons of accepting settlement offers you may receive
Our goal will be to help you achieve a meaningful financial recovery as soon as we can. However, we will never advise you to accept a deal for less than your pedestrian injury claim is worth. We are award-winning New Mexico trial attorneys who thrive in the courtroom. The threat of trial will always be on the table, and we won’t hesitate to bring your case to a jury if the insurance company refuses to negotiate fairly.
Now is the time to take action and demand the compensation you deserve. Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Albuquerque are here to help. We work on contingency, so there’s no cost to hire our law firm unless we win your pedestrian accident case.
Contact us today to set up a time for your free, no-obligation case evaluation. Click here to read about six questions to ask during a free case consultation.
New Mexico Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Pedestrian accidents are fairly common in New Mexico. In fact, according to the New Mexico Traffic Crash Annual Report, a pedestrian is struck by a car every 15 hours.
In 2021, 573 pedestrian accidents were reported statewide, accounting for about 1 percent of all traffic accidents.
As a result of these accidents, 439 pedestrians were injured, and another 108 were killed. When it comes to fatal pedestrian accidents, about 37 percent involve alcohol.
What Causes Most Pedestrian Accidents in Albuquerque?
It’s no surprise that auto accidents involving pedestrians are fairly common.
For the most part, these accidents are caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Failing to look for pedestrians in a crosswalk or intersection
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Illegal turns
- Failing to signal before turning
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Fatigued driving
- Vehicle defects, such as faulty brakes
- Inadequate pedestrian infrastructure
A personal injury attorney in Albuquerque will dig deep into the details of your pedestrian accident to determine precisely why and how it happened. The more we know about the underlying cause(s), the better positioned we’ll be to leverage a meaningful settlement or jury award for you later on.
How Much Is My Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
No two pedestrian accidents are the same. Every victim will have a unique story to tell after they’re hit by a car in Albuquerque. So, it makes sense that the value of a pedestrian injury claim will vary from one case to the next.
The details of your situation are what will ultimately drive valuation.
- How old were you when you were struck by the vehicle?
- Did your own negligence contribute to the accident?
- What types of injuries did you suffer?
- Are your injuries catastrophic?
- How has your income been impacted by the pedestrian accident?
- What steps were taken to mitigate your injuries?
- What types of insurance benefits are available?
- How has being struck by a car changed the way you live your life?
The best way to know how much money you might be able to get after a pedestrian accident is by contacting an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Albuquerque, NM. Call Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a time to discuss the details of your case today.
Who Could Be Liable If I’ve Been Hit By a Car in Albuquerque?
Following a pedestrian accident, liability can attach to anyone who played a direct or indirect role. Typically, this means anyone whose negligence contributed to the accident.
This might include:
- Pedestrians or bicyclists
- Truck drivers
- Bus drivers
- Transit companies
- City or state government agencies responsible for pedestrian infrastructure and maintenance
- Employers of negligent parties
- Property owners for failing to maintain sidewalks in a reasonably safe condition
- Vehicle manufacturers
Our Albuquerque car accident lawyers will aggressively seek monetary compensation from anyone who put you in harm’s way.
What Damages Are Available in an Albuquerque Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit?
When you file an insurance claim or pedestrian accident lawsuit in Albuquerque, NM, you’ll generally be able to seek compensatory damages.
Compensatory damages include money for the financial losses related to your accident, as well as the harder-to-value trauma you experience as a victim.
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
- Funeral expenses if a pedestrian accident is fatal
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
The driver who hit you and their insurance company will work hard to downplay your injuries and the impact the accident has had on your life. Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers won’t let them call the shots.
By working with experts from the start, our top-rated litigators can prepare a thorough and compelling legal claim that forces fair negotiations. We won’t rest until you’re properly compensated for all of the damages to which you’re entitled under New Mexico state law.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Getting Blamed for a New Mexico Pedestrian Accident?
Yes, but your financial recovery will be directly impacted by your contribution to the pedestrian accident.
Since New Mexico follows a system of pure comparative negligence, damages are reduced in direct proportion to fault. The more fault you share, the less money you’ll be able to recover when your case is resolved.
Our Albuquerque pedestrian accident attorneys will help you fight back against claims of shared responsibility and work to maximize your financial recovery.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians commonly suffer serious, potentially life-threatening injuries in Albuquerque traffic accidents.
Commonly reported injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Internal organ damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Always seek immediate medical treatment at a nearby hospital in Albuquerque after being struck by a vehicle. Getting prompt medical care can be vital as you work toward making a full recovery. Your medical record will also help to document proof of the causal link between the accident and your injuries, which will be essential for your future legal claim for damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a New Mexico Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit?
In New Mexico, you’ll typically have three years from the date of your pedestrian accident to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages.
You need to file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires. Once time runs out, so does your opportunity to demand compensation for your injuries, costs, and suffering.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Albuquerque Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Make the most of your fight for compensation after a pedestrian accident in Albuquerque, NM by calling Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers.
Our Albuquerque pedestrian accident lawyers have won millions for clients like you, and now we’re ready to help you fight for top results.
Contact our law office in Albuquerque to arrange a time for your free consultation. We’re always here to help – 24/7/365.
Albuquerque Pedestrian Accident Review
Had a great experience considering I was in a car accident and had no idea where to start. The operations director, Amber was AWESOME! She was always so quick to follow up with me, and give me clear expectations on what was going on. I highly recommend Curiel & Runion!
View more of our client reviews here.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Albuquerque, NM
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
400 Gold Avenue SW, Suite 650
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Our personal injury law firm in Albuquerque, NM also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Bus Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Car Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Child Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Construction Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Product Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Slip And Fall Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
Local Emergency Rooms
- Albuquerque ER & Hospital – 9310 Coors Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
- Heart Hospital of New Mexico: Emergency Room – 504 Elm St NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Kaseman Emergency Medicine – 8300 Constitution Ave NE, I-40, Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Lovelace Medical Center-Downtown- Emergency Room – 601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.