Were you injured while using a dangerous or defective consumer product in Albuquerque, NM? The company that manufactured the product may owe you compensation. Contact an experienced Albuquerque product liability lawyer at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about your right to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 55 years of experience handling complex personal injury claims. We’ve helped our injured clients recover over $30 million in settlements and verdicts to date.
Why Should I Trust Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Albuquerque Product Liability Claim?
You trust that the products you bring home are safe to use. After all, most companies are required to follow strict safety regulations before they’re allowed to sell products to consumers. Unfortunately, not all companies adhere to legal standards–and even when they do, there’s no guarantee that the product will be safe.
An experienced Albuquerque personal injury lawyer can help you fight to recover fair compensation for your losses. When you hire Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you’ll gain a law firm with a 98% success rate when it comes to recovering financial compensation for injured clients.
Our lawyers will:
- Investigate and gather evidence to support your claim
- Determine whether others have suffered similar injuries
- Calculate the value of your personal injury claim
- Hire experts to strengthen your claim
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and defense teams
Do you have questions about your legal rights after suffering an injury? Call our Albuquerque personal injury attorneys for a free consultation today. We’ll help you determine why you were injured and who is liable for your damages.
How Common Are Defective Products in Albuquerque, NM?
Defective products in the United States are much more common than you might think.
According to some estimates, about 40 million Americans are injured by products that have already been recalled for defects every single year. About 46,200 people are killed because of injuries related to defective products.
Any type of product has the potential to be defective. That includes products that have been tested and approved by the FDA. According to some studies, about one in every three FDA-approved prescription drugs has unintended side effects. Unfortunately, these defects often go undetected until consumers have used the product for years.
What Is My Albuquerque Product Liability Case Worth?
Putting a dollar value on an injury can be particularly challenging. All personal injury cases are slightly different. Your injury and prognosis will be different from anyone else’s–even if multiple people were injured by the same product.
Some of the factors that will be relevant when considering your case value include:
- Whether you will recover fully or suffer long-term damage and impairment
- The nature of the responsible party’s actions
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you lose income because of the injuries
- The overall severity of your injuries
- How the injury will change your lifestyle and damage your quality of life
- Your emotional pain and physical suffering
- Whether you are eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit or multi-district litigation
Companies that manufacture dangerous products often want to settle quickly to avoid negative publicity. Before you accept a settlement, it’s important to speak with an attorney about your case. Otherwise, you risk taking a deal that does not fully account for your losses.
What Types of Damages Can Victims of Defective Products Recover in Albuquerque?
Victims of defective products can recover full compensation for their losses if a product liability claim is successful. Your damages award should include compensation for both economic damages and non-economic damages.
Common examples of the types of compensation you may be entitled to receive include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental conditions, including anxiety and depression
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Damages for wrongful death
While rare, it’s also possible that the court could award punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant for intentional wrongdoing or especially shocking acts. For example, punitive damages could be available if the manufacturing company knew about the danger and continued to sell and profit from the product.
Can I Recover Damages if I’m Being Blamed for Causing My Own Injuries in New Mexico?
New Mexico is a pure comparative negligence state. Liability is apportioned between all parties in cases involving negligence. One common defense that product manufacturers use is that the victim was using the product incorrectly. Even if you misused the product, that will not necessarily prevent you from recovering damages–especially if the misuse was reasonably foreseeable.
If you’re being blamed for your own injuries, contact our product liability lawyers in Albuquerque today. We know how to protect you.
Our Albuquerque Product Liability Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Defective products can cause victims to suffer serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Facial injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Eye injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If you were injured, contact our personal injury law firm today. We’ll fight to recover fair compensation for all of your injuries.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in Albuquerque, New Mexico
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of product liability cases, including those involving defective and dangerous:
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Medical devices
- Household appliances
- Children’s products, including car seats, toys, and furniture
- Work equipment and tools
- Food and beverages
- Building equipment
- Airbags, seat belts, and motor vehicle safety equipment
- Motor vehicles
- Recreational products
- Batteries and device chargers
- Household chemicals and pesticides
- Lawn care products, including Roundup weed killer
- 3M earplugs
- Personal care products, including talcum powder
- Vape pens
Any type of product can be dangerous if it suffers from a defect. If you or a loved one were injured, take the time to give us a call today. With an experienced lawyer by your side, you have a much better chance of recovering full compensation for your losses.
What Am I Required To Prove To Win a Product Liability Lawsuit in New Mexico?
Most personal injury cases involve negligence. The victim can recover compensation if they can prove the at-fault party failed to exercise reasonable caution under the circumstances.
Product liability claims are different. Manufacturers who sell dangerous and defective products can be held strictly liable for the victim’s damages–without proof of negligence. Instead of proving negligence, the victims must prove that the product had a defect and that they were injured because of the defect.
There are three types of product defects:
- Manufacturing defects
- Design defects
- Marketing defects
Each type of product liability claim is slightly different. If you were injured while using a defective consumer product, our lawyers can help you prove your case. Call to schedule a free case review to learn more about product liability law.
Manufacturing defects involve mistakes made during the product’s creation. As designed, the product would be safe for consumer use. However, because of some mistake during the manufacturing process, the product becomes unreasonably dangerous for consumer use.
One example of a manufacturing defect is a prescription drug that becomes contaminated during the manufacturing process.
When a product has a defective design, it will be defective and dangerous even if it was made according to design.
When evaluating the merits of a design defect case, courts will consider many different factors, including:
- The nature of the harm created by the product
- The utility and value of the product itself
- Whether a reasonable alternative design exists
- The cost of the alternative design
When a reasonable alternative exists, the product manufacturer is required to adopt that safer design.
Manufacturing companies are also required to warn consumers about non-obvious risks created by their products. When they fail to include proper warnings and instructions, they can be held liable for failure to warn.
What Is the Statute of Limitations in New Mexico Product Liability Cases?
Some victims of defective products have more time to file a lawsuit. For example, if you were diagnosed with a disease caused by a defective product, your three-year clock starts to run on the date you knew or reasonably should have known, about the harm you suffered.
Contact an Experienced Albuquerque Product Liability Attorney for a Free Consultation Today
Product liability cases can be difficult to prove. Contact an experienced Albuquerque product liability lawyer at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to get the legal advice you deserve today. Your initial consultation is always completely free of charge.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Albuquerque
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
400 Gold Avenue SW Suite 650
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone: (505) 594-3621
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Our personal injury law firm in Albuquerque, NM also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Bus Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Car Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Child Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Construction Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Product Liability Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM
- Slip And Fall Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, NM
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Albuquerque, NM
- Workplace Accident Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Albuquerque, NM