If you were injured in a bicycle accident, call Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers at (602) 595-5559 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Phoenix bicycle accident attorney. We fight for the rights of bicycle accident victims to receive fair compensation for their injuries. With over 50 years of legal experience between them, our legal team is well-versed in Arizona personal injury laws.
Bicyclists must deal with road hazards and weather conditions when they ride their bikes in Phoenix, AZ. However, they are also at risk of injury from negligent motorists. Cyclists sustain severe and life-threatening injuries because of reckless drivers. Our Phoenix bicycle accident lawyers understand the devastation caused when a motor vehicle hits a bicycle.
Since opening Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards for cases such as Phoenix truck accidents, Uber accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, Phoenix premises liability, and more. We have a 98% success rate in over 3,000 cases. You can trust that we will exercise the same dedication to recovering maximum compensation for your bicycle accident claim.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, Can Help You With Your Bicycle Accident Case in Phoenix
Our founding lawyers, Triumph Curiel and Derick Runion are passionate about personal injury law. They have been recognized for their client satisfaction and legal services by local and national organizations, including Super Lawyers. Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers is the Phoenix personal injury law firm for you when you need an aggressive accident lawyer to fight for your rights.
You deserve to be compensated for your medical bills, injuries, lost wages, and other damages. Our Phoenix bike accident attorneys pursue every source of compensation available for your case to maximize the amount you receive.
When you hire Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your personal injury claim, our legal team can:
- Investigate the cause of your bicycle accident to identify the liable parties
- Collect evidence to build a strong case for liability, including working with expert witnesses, as necessary
- Calculate the correct value for your damages and aggressively negotiate insurance settlements for that amount
- Handle all aspects of your bicycle accident case, including filing insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits
- Provide guidance and support throughout your case
You do not have to deal with insurance companies and at-fault parties alone. Hiring Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers evens the playing field and puts the entire resources of our law firm on your side.
Call our Phoenix personal injury lawyers today for a free case evaluation.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Phoenix, AZ?
Phoenix has a high number of car accidents each year. According to statistics, just over 71% of all traffic crashes in the state during 2021 occurred in Maricopa County. In 2021, 45 cyclists were killed statewide, and 1,005 riders were injured in bicycle accidents.
Even though the city promotes bicycle safety, riders are still at risk of serious injury.
Common Causes of Phoenix Bicycle Accidents
Factors that contribute to the cause of bicycle crashes in Phoenix include:
- Distractions and failing to keep a proper lookout
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Failing to yield the right of way to bicyclists
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Following a bicyclist too closely
- Dooring (opening a car door in front of a cyclist)
- Driving in bike lanes
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
Arizona is an at-fault state for bicycle accident cases. As the injured party, you must prove that the driver caused the collision to recover compensation for damages.
Our legal team at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers handles all matters regarding the legal proof in your case. We gather evidence proving fault and causation to establish liability for the accident. Evidence can include accident reports, traffic camera video, eyewitness statements, photographs from the accident scene, and medical bills.
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, Handles All Types of Bicycle Injury Cases
Accidents involving a bicycle and motor vehicle can cause catastrophic injuries for the rider. Even if the bicyclist wears a bicycle helmet, pads, and other protective gear, the impact of a motor vehicle is devastating.
Common bicycle accident injuries we handle include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Facial injuries
- Joint injury and damage
Immediate medical treatment after a bicycle accident can reduce the risk of secondary injuries and infections. Prompt medical care also improves your chances of recovering compensation for damages. We must link the collision to the cause of your injuries to recover money for your case.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Bicycle Accident in Phoenix, AZ?
The value of your damages depends on the injuries you sustain and other factors. Generally, the value of a personal injury claim increases with the severity of the person’s injuries.
The types of damages you could receive for a bicycle accident case include:
- Reimbursement for your medical bills
- The cost of rehabilitative therapies and personal care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of income, benefits, and earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Long-term nursing care
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disabilities and impairments
Our legal team carefully documents your damages to increase how much your bicycle injury case is worth. However, you can assist our team by keeping records of all expenses and costs associated with the case. Also, keep copies of all records, receipts, and bills you receive.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Maricopa County?
Too many people do not contact an attorney because they worry about how they will pay to hire a personal injury lawyer. At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we never want a person’s finances to prevent them from receiving legal advice about an injury claim.
Our Phoenix personal injury attorneys offer free consultations so you can get the advice you need about a bicycle accident case. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, so you do not need to worry about paying upfront attorney fees.
Instead of paying a retainer fee to hire our law firm, you agree to pay a percentage of your recovery as our attorney’s fees. Therefore, you do not pay those fees unless we recover a settlement or a jury award for your case.
Can I Recover Money for a Phoenix Bicycle Crash if the Accident Is Partly My Fault?
A few states prevent accident victims from receiving any money for damages if they are even 1% at fault for their accident. Arizona adopted the opposite, which is called the pure comparative negligence standard. You can be 99% at fault for a bicycle crash and still receive 1% of your damages.
Arizona’s pure comparative negligence law states that your percentage of fault reduces your recovery. Therefore, if you are 50% to blame for a bicycle accident, you can still receive damages for one-half of the value of your injury claim.
Beware! The driver and insurance company might try to blame you even though you were not at fault. If they can blame you for contributing to the cause of the bicycle crash, they do not have to pay you the full value of your damages.
Everything you say after the bicycle accident could be used against you. If you say you are sorry, the insurance company will say you were admitting fault. If you innocently state you saw a dog playing in a yard before the crash, the insurance adjuster might claim you were distracted.
Obtaining legal advice before you talk with the insurance company is best. Never agree to a recorded statement or provide a written statement without talking to an attorney.
What Is the Deadline for Filing Bicycle Accident Lawsuits in Arizona?
However, you should not wait to discuss your case with one of our lawyers. There are advantages to beginning a personal injury case as soon after the accident as possible. Additionally, exceptions to the Arizona statute of limitations could shorten your time to file a claim.
Therefore, the best way to protect your legal right to sue a driver for a bicycle accident is to speak with our Phoenix bicycle accident lawyers today.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Phoenix Bicycle Accident Lawyers
A bicycle accident can impact the rest of your life. The party who caused your accident should pay for the damages they caused. Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers wants to help you hold the at-fault party accountable.
Contact our law office to schedule your free appointment with a Phoenix bicycle accident attorney.
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Assault Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Child Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
Visit Our Personal Injury Office in Phoenix, AZ
Local Emergency Rooms
- Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital: Emergency Room – 1930 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix Emergency Room – 1111 E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center Emergency Room – 650 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center Emergency Room – 350 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.