Were you or a loved one seriously injured in a pedestrian accident in Phoenix, AZ? Find out wether you’re entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more by calling (602) 595-5559 or contacting us online. An experienced Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyer at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover the fair compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Our lawyers have over 55 years of experience handling complex personal injury law claims such as Phoenix motorcycle accidents, car accidents, bicycle accidents, truck accidents, Phoenix pedestrian accidents, and many others. In that time, we’ve recovered over $30 million in settlements and verdicts to help our clients get back on their feet again. We’re here to help in any way we can. Contact our law offices in Phoenix, Arizona to schedule a free consultation today.
How Can Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Pedestrian Accident in Phoenix, AZ?
You didn’t expect to get hurt walking down the street. If you suffered injuries, you deserve compensation from the person who was responsible. That can mean filing an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, fighting with the insurance company, and, in the end, you may not get a settlement that fairly compensates you for your losses.
An experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyer can step in and make sure the insurance company is taking your case seriously.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team has a 98% success rate. We’ve helped countless clients like you maximize their insurance settlement awards–and we have the skills to fight for you in court if the insurance company won’t play fair.
Hire us, and we will:
- Independently investigate to determine the cause of your accident
- Determine how much your personal injury case is worth
- Bring in experts who can strengthen your personal injury claim
- Defend you if you’re blamed for the crash
- Handle all settlement negotiations on your behalf
Your future is too important to trust an inexperienced attorney. Call a Phoenix personal injury attorney for the quality legal representation you deserve today.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Arizona?
Even walking down the street can be dangerous for pedestrians. Pedestrians who are hit by cars have absolutely no protection in a crash.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, 1,714 pedestrian accidents were reported statewide in 2021. 257 pedestrians were killed in the state of Arizona in 2021. Another 1,535 pedestrians were injured in motor vehicle accidents that year.
The most dangerous time of day for pedestrian accidents was between the hours of 7 pm and 8 pm. The vast majority of all pedestrian injuries and fatalities occurred in urban areas like Phoenix.
What is My Phoenix Pedestrian Injury Case Worth?
Your compensation award should cover all of the costs you’ve incurred to date. However, it must also provide enough money for you to pay for future medical care and other costs. Those future costs can be difficult to prove. It can also be tough to put a dollar value on non-financial losses, such as pain and suffering.
Our lawyers in Phoenix will carefully evaluate the details of your case when assessing your case value, considering factors such as:
- The cost of your current medical treatment
- The severity of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery
- The income you have lost due to the injury
- How the injury may impact your future earnings
- How the injury has impacted your emotional well-being
- How your quality of life has changed
- The circumstances of the accident, including whether liability can be clearly proven and whether you share any blame for the crash
The insurance company wants to get your case off its plate as quickly as possible after an accident. It’s important to remember that a fast settlement offer is often a lowball settlement offer. The insurance adjuster may pressure you to accept the deal before you can fully understand the extent of your losses.
Before you take any insurance settlement offer, contact our attorneys in Phoenix for a free case review. With our lawyers by your side, you’ll greatly improve your chances for a full financial recovery.
What Types of Damages Are Available To Victims of Pedestrian Accidents in Phoenix?
If successful, pedestrian accident victims should recover compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages under Arizona personal injury laws.
Economic damages are losses that have a clear financial value, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are losses that have no clear dollar value. That doesn’t make these losses any less important.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- PTSD and fear
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium and damage to personal relationships
In the end, your settlement or verdict should make you “whole” again, at least from a financial perspective. Of course, the law can only attempt to compensate for those non-financial losses that can haunt you for years to come.
In any case, you can count on our Phoenix pedestrian accident attorneys to fight for every available dollar. Just call our law firm for more information about how we can help with your pedestrian accident case.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in Arizona?
Arizona is a pure comparative negligence state. That means victims can recover compensation even if they were 99% responsible for their own injuries.
That doesn’t mean you should ignore allegations that you caused the accident. If you’re assigned a percentage of fault, your compensation will be reduced by that percentage. So you could end up walking away with far less compensation than you really need.
Our lawyers are here to help if the insurance company is unfairly trying to pin the blame on you.
Our Lawyers Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries After a Pedestrian Accident in Phoenix
Pedestrians suffer the most severe types of injuries imaginable in car accidents. They simply don’t have the metal frame of a vehicle to protect them.
In many cases, the impact is twofold. First, the car hits the pedestrian. Then, the pedestrian is thrown onto the pavement.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers often represent clients who have sustained:
- Crushing injuries
- Broken bones
- Broken hips, knees, and shoulders
- Pelvic injuries
- Facial injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Burns and road rash
- Catastrophic injuries
Pedestrian accidents are often fatal. If you lost a loved one in a fatal crash, our lawyers can help you file a wrongful death claim to hold the responsible parties accountable.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Phoenix, Arizona?
Accidents involving pedestrians can occur for any number of reasons. Most of these cases involve negligent drivers.
In Phoenix, the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians in intersections and crosswalks
- Veering onto the sidewalk or driving too close to the shoulder
- Lack of sidewalks
- Poorly marked crosswalks
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous turns
- Drunk driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Defective vehicles or vehicle components
- Hazardous road conditions
Injured pedestrians often aren’t sure what caused the crash. It might seem like the car came out of nowhere–and police reports don’t always get it right. Our lawyers can conduct our own investigation to find out what happened. To get started, call our law firm in Phoenix for a free consultation today.
How Do I Prove I Deserve Compensation After a Pedestrian Accident in Arizona?
Identifying the specific cause of your accident is an important first step. It’s also helpful to understand the specific legal issues that you will have to prove to recover compensation.
The vast majority of pedestrian accident claims are based on negligence. Someone is negligent when they fail to exercise the level of caution that a reasonable person would under the circumstances.
More specifically, the elements of negligence are:
- The at-fault driver owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach directly caused the accident
- You sustained damages
Every case is unique. However, insurance companies tend to favor certain types of evidence. Our lawyers will search for video footage, eyewitnesses, and more to help prove your case. Just give us a call to get started today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Arizona?
Under Arizona law, the statute of limitations gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The two-year clock starts running on the date of your accident. After two years, you can no longer pursue compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Did you suffer serious injuries in a pedestrian accident? An experienced Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyer can help you hold the responsible parties accountable. Contact Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation to learn more about how a lawyer can help.
Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Review
First I want to give a big thank you to Whitney for everything! The way my whole case was handled was amazing she was the best throughout the whole process. She explained everything to me in details, answered all of my questions, and really made me feel comfortable with every decision that was made, she made sure I understood everything every step of the way and always kept me informed about things going on. Whitney always kept her word and never made any promises or told me things would go a certain way unless it was for sure, she always kept her word. If I ever need anything I will definitely look for her again and I will most definitely be recommending her to anyone that needs it. Thank you so much Whitney for everything.
View more of our client reviews here.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Phoenix, AZ
Local Emergency Rooms
- Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital: Emergency Room – 1930 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix Emergency Room – 1111 E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center Emergency Room – 650 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center Emergency Room – 350 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Assault Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Child Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ