Our Phoenix slip and fall lawyers at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, stand up to insurance companies to hold negligent parties liable for the damages they caused. Call our law firm today at (602) 595-5559 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Phoenix, Arizona.
Slip and fall accidents are common causes of non-intentional injuries in the United States. A slip and fall case can involve severe injuries and substantial damages. However, insurance companies fight these claims and deny injured parties the compensation they deserve.With more than 55 years of collective legal experience, our Phoenix slip and fall lawyers have the skills, resources, and expertise to handle your case. We have a 98% success rate in over 3,000 cases like Phoenix brain injuries, premises liability, Phoenix workplace accidents, child injuries, and even wrongful death cases.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, Can Help You With Your Slip and Fall Accident Claim in Phoenix
Our founding attorneys have devoted our legal practice exclusively to wrongful death and personal injury claims. They have been recognized for their legal services by national and local organizations, including Super Lawyers. Our legal team at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, has recovered tens of millions of dollars in awards and settlements for our clients.
After a slip and fall accident, it is crucial to hire an experienced Phoenix personal injury attorney to handle your case. You need a lawyer who understands slip and fall injury cases and the laws that govern premises liability cases.
The property owner and the insurance company will probably try to shift the blame for your injury to you. Without aggressive slip and fall attorneys to argue your case, you might not receive the money you need for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
When you hire our award-winning legal team at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers will:
- Investigate the cause of your slip and fall injury to determine who is at fault
- Gather evidence proving the property owner or other parties caused your injury
- Work with you and your physicians to document your injuries and damages
- Calculate how much your injury claim is worth and aggressively pursue settlements for that amount
- Work with experts and medical specialists, as needed, to strengthen your case
- File a slip and fall lawsuit and argue the case before a jury, when necessary
The insurance adjuster might tell you that your slip, trip, and fall is a minor accident. There is nothing minor about being injured in a slip and fall accident. At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we take your case seriously.
Contact our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Happen in Phoenix, AZ?
A slip and fall accident can occur anywhere. You can fall while visiting a friend on residential property, or you could fall while at the grocery store or a hotel. Falls can occur on government property and public areas.
For that reason, the parties responsible for a slip and fall accident can include:
- Residential homeowners
- Commercial property owners
- Landlords and tenants
- Government entities
- Schools and playground operators
- Entertainment venues and sports facilities
- Resorts, amusement parks, and hotels
Our Phoenix slip and fall lawyers at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers handle all types of slip and fall accident claims. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, report the accident and file an incident report with the owner. Seek medical attention immediately after the fall and then call our office for a free consultation.
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries Our Phoenix Personal Injury Law firm Handles
A slip and fall or trip and fall accident cause result in multiple injuries. Prompt medical care is required to prevent further injury and build a personal injury case.
Potential injuries from a slip, trip, and fall include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Soft tissue injury
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Internal organ damage
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Facial injuries
- Joint damage
Falls can cause injuries that require surgery, extensive physical therapy, and other intensive medical treatments. It could take months of rehabilitative therapy to recover from fall injuries. Sometimes, a person might not recover fully from their injuries, resulting in permanent impairments and disabilities.
How Do I Prove Fault for a Phoenix Slip and Fall Injury?
Arizona is an at-fault state for slip and fall claims. Therefore, you have the burden of proving the legal elements of a premises liability claim to hold the property owner liable for your damages.
Most slip and fall cases require evidence proving these legal elements:
- Duty of Care – The property owner or responsible party owed you a legal duty of care to keep their property in a safe condition and warn you about any potential hazards on the property.
- Breach of Duty – The party failed to use reasonable care to maintain safe premises and warn of danger.
- Causation – The owner’s breach of duty was the direct and proximate cause of the harm you suffered on the property.
- Damages – You incurred damages because of the breach of duty.
A property owner could be liable even if they did not have direct knowledge of the hazard. If the owner should have known after exercising reasonable care, the owner could be liable for your damages. Our Phoenix premises liability lawyers understand the law and what evidence is necessary to prove liability for slip and fall cases.
What Are the Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Phoenix, AZ?
A person can slip, trip, and fall because of numerous property conditions. Some common reasons for slip and fall accidents include:
- Slippery or wet floors
- Debris in the walkway
- Potholes and cracks in parking lots
- Broken sidewalks
- Damaged or broken flooring
- Broken and damaged steps, handrails, and stairs
- Poor lighting
- Electrical cords or other exposed wiring
- Loose mats and carpeting
- Uneven surfaces
After a fall, try to take pictures and make a video of the accident area. The owner might correct the problem before you can file a claim. Evidence from the accident scene can be very helpful in proving your case, including contact information for people who saw you fall.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Phoenix Slip and Fall Claim?
The damages you receive depend on the severity of your injuries, your prognosis, whether you were partially to blame for the accident, and other factors. However, you should be entitled to reimbursement for economic damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Personal care
- Medications and medical equipment
- Rehabilitative therapies
- A decrease in earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Disabilities and impairments
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
You must prove the value of your damages. Insurance companies will try to settle your claim for the lowest payment possible. Therefore, you should be suspicious of quick settlement offers, especially if you have not completed medical care.
It is always best to take advantage of a free consultation with our Phoenix slip and fall lawyers before you accept a settlement offer. We review your case for free and advise whether the offer is fair, given the facts of your case. You might be surprised to learn your case is worth much more than the property owner or insurance company offers to settle your claim.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Partially To Blame for a Phoenix Slip and Fall Injury?
Arizona’s pure comparative negligence law does not prevent you from receiving money for an injury claim if you are partially to blame for your injury. However, it does reduce the amount you receive by your percentage of fault.
As an example, let’s assume a jury awards you $500,000 for your slip and fall claim. However, the jury also finds you are 20% to blame for your injury. Therefore, instead of receiving the total amount of your damages, you would receive 80% of the damages or $400,000.
Unfortunately, insurance companies use contributory fault to avoid paying claims. An insurance adjuster might trick you into saying something the company can use to allege that you admitted fault for your fall. Before you talk with the insurance company about your slip and fall case, call Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix.
Deadlines for Filing Slip and Fall Accident Claims in Arizona
The statute of limitations for most slip and fall accident claims in Arizona is two years from your accident date. If you do not file a lawsuit before the two-year deadline, you give up your legal right to demand money for your injuries.
However, there are exceptions to the rules. Your deadline could be different.
For instance, claims against the government in Arizona have a much shorter deadline. In most cases involving a government entity, you have just a few months to file a notice of claim. Therefore, we encourage you to contact our office now to discuss your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Phoenix Slip and Fall Lawyers
Don’t let a negligent owner get away with causing your injury. We are here to help you when you need trusted legal counsel.
Contact Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers today to request your free appointment with an experienced Phoenix slip and fall accident attorney.
Phoenix Slip & Fall Accident Review
First I want to give a big thank you to Whitney for everything! The way my whole case was handled was amazing she was the best throughout the whole process. She explained everything to me in details, answered all of my questions, and really made me feel comfortable with every decision that was made, she made sure I understood everything every step of the way and always kept me informed about things going on. Whitney always kept her word and never made any promises or told me things would go a certain way unless it was for sure, she always kept her word. If I ever need anything I will definitely look for her again and I will most definitely be recommending her to anyone that needs it. Thank you so much Whitney for everything.
View more of our client reviews here.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Phoenix, AZ
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
1221 E Osborn Rd UNIT 201,
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Phone: (602) 595-5559
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Assault Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Child Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ