If you were involved in an Uber accident in Phoenix, Arizona, you may be entitled to compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Contact an experienced Phoenix Uber accident lawyer from Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation to answer all your questions at (602) 595-5559, our Uber accident lawyers can help you navigate complex Uber insurance issues to maximize your compensation award.
Our lawyers have over 55 years of experience handling cases like car accidents, Phoenix premises liability, medical malpractice, construction accidents, and Phoenix wrongful death cases, among many others. Over the years, we’ve helped accident victims like you recover over $30 million in compensation. We are standing by to help you fight for fair compensation. Just contact us online or call our law offices in Phoenix, Arizona to schedule a free consultation today.
How Can Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Help After an Uber Accident in Phoenix, AZ?
Complicated insurance issues apply in Uber accident cases. Rideshare services are required to carry commercial insurance. That makes the process of recovering compensation even more complicated. An experienced personal injury attorney in Phoenix can help protect you.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers have achieved a 98% success rate. We’ve been helping clients in situations to yours recover the fair compensation they deserve for years.
When you hire our personal injury law firm, you can count on us to:
- Conduct a detailed investigation into the accident
- Gather and analyze all available evidence to determine who was responsible
- Calculate the value of your personal injury claim
- Bring in experts who can help prove your case
- Stand up for you if you’re blamed for the accident
- Handle all insurance negotiations, communications, and paperwork
Our Phoenix personal injury attorneys will do everything possible to recover the fair compensation you deserve, so give us a call to get started today.
How Common Are Uber Accidents in Arizona?
It can be tough to find statistics on rideshare accidents in the U.S. Uber drivers use ordinary passenger vehicles to transport customers. When Uber accidents happen, those crashes tend to be grouped with typical car accident statistics.
That said, at least one study used National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data to determine that Uber and Lyft have made the streets more dangerous. According to that study, fatal traffic accidents have increased by between 2% and 4% for each year that rideshare companies have operated in major U.S. cities.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, 110,426 passenger cars were involved in car accidents across the state of Arizona in 2021. It stands to reason that many of these car accidents involved rideshare drivers.
What Is My Phoenix Uber Accident Injury Case Worth?
The value of any personal injury case depends on multiple unique factors, such as:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of medical treatment
- Your need for future medical care and rehab
- Whether you can work during recovery
- Whether you will ever return to work in the same capacity
- How the injury impacts your quality of life
- Whether you share blame for the crash
Insurance is always an issue in motor vehicle accident cases. However, the issue becomes more complex when Uber or Lyft drivers are involved. These drivers are independent contractors. Unlike taxi companies, rideshare companies aren’t responsible when they cause an accident.
Similarly, the driver’s personal insurance company isn’t liable because the driver is using the vehicle to make a profit. Only commercial insurance would cover these types of accidents.
That’s why Transportation Network Companies are now required to purchase a commercial insurance policy to protect rideshare accident victims.
When Is Uber’s Insurance Policy Available?
Uber’s insurance policy is only available when the driver is working. However, there are two different policies that may be available depending on the driver’s status at the time of the crash.
If the Uber driver is not working or logged into the Uber app, their own personal auto insurance policy will be available. In other words, the case will be treated like any other car accident case.
As the victim, you must determine which insurance policy is available in your case.
Uber App is Open, Driver Has Not Accepted a Passenger Request
Uber drivers often drive around while they wait for a passenger request. If the Uber app is open so that the driver is available to accept a request, Uber’s insurance is available if an accident happens.
The following insurance coverage is available:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per injured person
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident
This insurance is third-party liability coverage. That means it is available once all other available insurance policies have been exhausted.
Uber Driver Has Accepted a Passenger Request
Uber’s full insurance coverage only becomes available once the Uber driver has accepted a passenger’s ride request.
While the driver is en route to pick up a passenger and during rides, the following insurance coverage is available:
- $1 million in third-party liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
- Contingent collision coverage up to the actual cash value of a damaged vehicle (with a $2,500 deductible)
This more generous insurance coverage is available until the Uber ride ends in the app.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Uber Accidents in Phoenix?
The types of damages that are available will depend on the types of losses you have suffered due to the accident.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Nursing care and in-home assistance
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental health issues, including anxiety, PTSD, and depression
- Loss of consortium
Additional damages are available in cases involving wrongful death. Regardless of the facts, you can rest assured that our lawyers will be fighting for every dollar you deserve.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Uber Accident in Arizona?
Arizona is a pure comparative negligence state. Liability for an accident can be divided between multiple parties. Each party is responsible for their own percentage of fault.
That means you can count on being blamed for the accident. Unless you were a passenger in the Uber vehicle, the insurance company might try to pin at least some of the blame on you. If you’re being blamed, call our experienced Phoenix Uber accident attorneys today. We know how to help minimize the impact of Arizona’s shared fault laws.
Uber Accident Victims Often Suffer Severe, Life-Changing Injuries
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent Uber accident victims who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
It never hurts to learn more about your legal rights after an accident. While you recover, a Phoenix car accident lawyer can evaluate your right to compensation and help you file an insurance claim. Just give us a call today.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Phoenix?
Uber accidents happen for many different reasons. Fatigued driving is a problem among Uber drivers, who often use Uber as a secondary source of income. Distracted driving is also problematic because drivers are often looking at their GPS or searching for passengers.
Some additional common causes of Uber accidents include:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Dangerous turns
- Aggressive driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Negligently maintained Uber vehicles
- Hazardous road conditions
If you were injured in an Uber accident, our team at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help you find out why. You can call our law firm for a free case evaluation today.
How Do I Prove I Deserve Compensation After an Uber Accident in Arizona?
Most accident victims must prove negligence to recover damages.
To establish negligence, there are four separate elements you must prove, including:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- That breach directly caused your accident
- You suffered damages
The thought of conducting an investigation can be overwhelming after suffering an injury. You can count on our lawyers in Phoenix to handle the legal issues. We’ll interview witnesses, locate video footage and even gather evidence from the Uber app to support your claim.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in Arizona?
The statute of limitations in Arizona is two years. If you were injured in an accident, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. After two years pass, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Contact a Phoenix Uber Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Do you have questions about your legal options after an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver? Contact Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, to schedule a free consultation with a Phoenix Uber accident lawyer today. We can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Phoenix Uber Accident Client Review
Read more of our Google reviews.
Auto Repair Shops
- Martin’s Auto Repair – 3636 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Compu-Tech Automotive – 4544 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Amc Automotive – 4632 N 12th St, Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Scott’s Phoenix Auto – 5126 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85014
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Phoenix Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix Construction Accident Lawyers
- Car Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix Dog Bite Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ