Was your child recently injured in an accident in Phoenix, Arizona, because someone else was negligent? Call Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers at (602) 595-5559. Our Phoenix child injury lawyers are ready to be your child’s most tenacious advocate and fight to get them the maximum financial payout they deserve.
Since 2001, families have turned to Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers for guidance, support, and strength after their children were injured in devastating Phoenix accidents. Our award-winning Arizona litigators have responded by helping them recover millions in life-changing settlements and jury awards.
Benefit from a team with 55+ years of experience that’s won over $30 million for clients like you. Contact our law office in Phoenix, AZ, for help today. Your initial case assessment is free.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if Your Child Has Been Injured in Phoenix, AZ
What caused your child’s accident? Who was responsible for their safety when they got hurt? What can you do if the defendant tries to blame your child for their injuries? How can you be certain that an insurance company has offered you a reasonable settlement?
You do not have to face the challenge of answering these questions on your own. In fact, hiring an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ is one of the smartest decisions you can make right now.
When you choose Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our top-rated legal team will dig deep to get the answers you need, handle conversations with the insurance company, and build a compelling legal claim for damages so that you can spend this time focused on your family.
Count on us to:
- Carefully investigate your child’s injury
- Obtain and analyze evidence needed to establish liability and calculate the current and future costs of your child’s damages
- Work closely with medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and other experts throughout the claims process
- Represent your child and family during conversations with the at-fault party and/or their insurance carrier
- Aggressively seek a favorable settlement offer for your child during negotiations
- Help your family understand the pros and cons of accepting any deals you receive
- Have a respected Arizona trial attorney bring your child’s injury case to court, if necessary
A childhood injury can be costly. Hiring an attorney to help you make things right should make life easier. That’s why our law firm works on contingency. There’s no cost to you unless we secure compensation for your child injury case.
Call our law office in Phoenix to learn more about the benefits of having our experienced personal injury attorneys in your corner. We offer a free case evaluation and are always here to help – 24/7/365.
How Common Are Injuries During Childhood?
Kids don’t always appreciate the potential risks of their actions. They’re also still growing, which means they’re particularly susceptible to getting hurt. So, it’s no surprise that a child is treated in an emergency room every four seconds.
For many children, injuries are just too severe to overcome. It’s estimated that one out of every five childhood deaths is the result of an avoidable injury. About one child dies from an injury every hour.
What Are the Leading Causes of Childhood Injuries in Phoenix?
While any accident or act of violence has the potential to injure a child, the leading causes of childhood injuries and wrongful deaths include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our child injury attorneys in Phoenix are here to help your family fight back after your child is hurt because of a:
- Car accident
- Bicycle accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Motorcycle accident
- School bus accident
- Slip and fall accident
- Dog bite
- Swimming pool accident
- School or daycare accident
- Assault and bullying
- Sports injury
- Sexual assault
- Defective toy or product
- Birth injury
- Toxic chemical exposure
With decades of experience handling these delicate personal injury disputes, we understand just how much is riding on your child’s legal claim. Let us help you navigate this difficult time by putting our extensive experience and legal knowledge to work for your family’s benefit. Learn more about the types of cases a personal injury lawyer handles.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win a Child Injury Lawsuit in Phoenix?
Kids can – and do – get hurt for a multitude of reasons. What you’ll have to prove to win a related legal claim for damages will ultimately depend on how and why they were injured.
Many times, children are injured due to an attractive nuisance or dangerous condition on another person’s property. Common examples include swimming pool accidents, trampoline accidents, and falls from heights.
In these situations, your family will have the burden of proving that the property owner’s negligence caused your child’s injury.
- Your child was lawfully on the premises at the time of the accident
- The owner owed your child a duty of care
- The owner breached this duty of care by failing to maintain ordinary care over the premises and/or by failing to adequately address an attractive nuisance, and
- The owner’s conduct was the actual and proximate cause of your child’s injury.
You’ll also have to demonstrate that your child has suffered damages, as a result.
Every year, thousands of children are bitten by dogs. In Phoenix, dog owners can be strictly liable if their pet injures a child. When you file a dog bite lawsuit, you’ll simply have to prove that your child was attacked by the animal. You don’t have to show that the animal had a propensity for aggression or a history of attacking people.
The dog’s owner might try to say that your child provoked the animal. Depending on your child’s age, this may or may not impact your case. Many times, young children can’t be expected to appreciate the potential dangers of their actions.
If your child is very young when they were bitten, the fact that they may have provoked the animal may not have an impact on your legal claim. However, if your child is older, their contributory negligence may influence the damages that can be awarded.
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of childhood injury and death in the United States. Most car accident cases are based on negligence.
If your child was hurt in a Phoenix car accident, you’ll have to prove:
- The other driver owed your child a duty of care
- The other driver breached this duty of care in some way (e.g., speeding or texting and driving)
- The other driver’s carelessness caused the car accident
- Your child has suffered identifiable harm and damages.
Simply put, you have to prove that the car accident likely wouldn’t have happened if the other driver had been more careful.
Birth injuries – including cerebral palsy, brain injuries, joint injuries, and broken bones – affect the lives of thousands of children in Arizona every year. Many times, these birth injuries are the result of negligent medical care. If your child has suffered an avoidable birth injury, you can file a legal claim alleging the healthcare provider’s negligence.
In these situations, you’ll have the burden of demonstrating:
- The healthcare provider owed your child a duty of care
- This duty of care was breached because the doctor failed to meet accepted standards within the medical community
- The doctor’s conduct was the actual and proximate cause of your child’s birth injury
- Your child has suffered identifiable harm, as a result.
In birth injury cases, any healthcare provider or facility that contributed to your child’s trauma can be legally responsible for the subsequent harm.
No matter how or why your child was injured, Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers can help your family fight back through an insurance claim or lawsuit. We’ll carefully evaluate the details of your child’s case and build a persuasive claim – backed by facts and evidence – to help your family secure the financial award you deserve.
Fighting To Get Compensation for All of Your Child’s Injuries
Childhood injuries are unique because the consequences (and resulting costs) have the potential to last a lifetime. So, it’s important to consider all of the ways in which your child’s life will be affected by their accident and injury.
At Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, our child injury attorneys in Phoenix will carefully assess your child’s case and build a claim that demands compensation for all of your child’s economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Medical devices and equipment
- Nursing assistance
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
Our team will work closely with trusted experts and specialists as we figure out what your child’s injury case is worth. We’ll consider the immediate impact of your child’s injury on their life, as well as the long-term consequences they may experience.
What’s the Statute of Limitations on Child Injury Lawsuits in Arizona?
However, in cases where the victim is a minor, the statute of limitations is tolled until their 18th birthday. This gives your child until their 20th birthday to formally pursue compensation for their childhood injuries.
You also have the option of filing a legal claim on your child’s behalf before they become an adult.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Phoenix Child Injury Lawyer
Your child deserves to be compensated for their injuries and suffering. Our Phoenix child injury attorneys are ready to help them fight to get every cent they deserve.
Call our law office in Phoenix, AZ, to put our award-winning legal team in your corner. We offer a free consultation, so reach out to schedule yours today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Phoenix, AZ
Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers
1221 E Osborn Rd UNIT 201,
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Phone: (602) 595-5559
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Assault Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ