Were you recently assaulted and injured in Phoenix, Arizona? Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help at (602) 595-5559 or contact us online now for a free consultation with one of our Phoenix assault injury lawyers. We’ll get you the compensation you deserve.
Many personal injury cases are based on negligence or strict liability, an injured party could also have a claim if they are the victim of intentional torts. Intentional torts include assault and other acts of violence that result in injuries and damages.
Our Arizona personal injury lawyers have over 55 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases such as catastrophic injuries in Phoenix, car accidents, brain injuries, pedestrian accidents, and wrongful death cases in Phoenix, to name a few.
We have recovered over $30 million and helped more than 3,000 clients get the justice they deserve in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. Our legal team has a 98% success rate.
How Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You With Your Assault Injury Claim in Phoenix
We understand that you have been through a traumatic event as the victim of an assault. Our legal team is sensitive to your situation and will handle all aspects of your case with compassion and professionalism. Our lawyers aggressively pursue the responsible parties through personal injury claims.
Our team at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers has decades of experience. Our lawyers are recognized locally and nationally for their legal expertise and track record. We have received recognition from prominent legal organizations such as Super Lawyers and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers, we devote enormous resources and time to pursue your personal injury case. You can trust that a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ from our legal team will take all necessary steps regarding your claim, including:
- Listening to what happened to you before explaining your rights and legal options for a personal injury claim
- Conduct an independent investigation into the assault claim
- Monitor law enforcement investigations and criminal cases
- Determine how much your case is worth by documenting your damages
- Negotiate settlements that equal the full value of your damages with insurance companies and at-fault parties
- File a personal injury lawsuit and take your case to civil court
You deserve to be compensated for your pain and suffering and the monetary losses caused by the assault. Contact our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced assault injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ.
Overview of Assault Laws in Phoenix, Arizona
Assault is a common criminal charge in Phoenix. Arizona Revised Statue §1203, a person commits the crime of assault when they take any of the following actions:
- Knowingly touching another person with the intent to injure, provoke or insult the person
- Recklessly, intentionally, or knowingly causing another person physical injury
- Intentionally causing another person to be in reasonable fear of imminent injury
Assault also includes using an object to injure someone, including throwing the object at the person.
Aggravated assault is defined in Arizona Revised Statute §13-1204. A person commits aggravated assault if they use a deadly weapon, cause disfigurement, attack someone in their home, or assault a firefighter or police officer.
Assault is a criminal charge. A person can be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the facts of the case. Criminal penalties for assault charges include jail, probation, fines, restitution, and other punishments.
However, the victim can file a personal injury claim against the attacker in civil court. In some cases, other parties could share liability for the assault damages.
Who Can Be Held Liable for an Assault Injury Claim in Phoenix, AZ?
The person who committed the assault can be liable for the damages sustained by the victim. However, other parties could also be liable for an assault injury claim. Potential parties who might share liability include:
- Business owners
- Government entities
- Hotels and resorts
- Schools and universities
- Cruise lines
- Amusement parks
- Apartment complexes and landlords
- Nursing homes, hospitals, and other skilled care facilities
- Property owners
- Entertainment and sports venues
- Churches and youth organizations
Negligent security, inadequate lighting, and other actions could breach the duty of care these parties owe people in their care or on their premises. Our legal team pursues general negligence, premises liability, and other legal causes of action against all parties who could be responsible for what happened to you.
Our Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyers Handle All Types of Assault Injury Claims
A person can commit assault in numerous ways. Our Phoenix assault injury attorneys handle all types of assault injury claims, including:
- Bar fights and brawls
- Rape and sexual assault
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Police brutality and misconduct
- Assault with a deadline weapon
- Muggings and other attacks
- School bullying and violence
- Other intentional acts that harm a person
It does not matter whether the police arrest the person or the prosecution pursues assault charges. A civil case is separate from a criminal action. The burden of proof is lower in a personal injury case than in a criminal case, and you do not need a criminal conviction to win a personal injury case.
Assaults and Other Acts of Violence Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Assault victims sustain severe injuries. Our legal team handles assault claims involving all types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Facial injuries
- Gunshot wounds
- Internal organ damage
- Soft tissue injury
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Dental injuries
In addition to physical injuries, an assault victim can suffer emotional injuries. They may have PTSD, fear, anxiety, depression, and other psychological conditions caused by the assault.
How Much Is My Phoenix Assault Claim Worth?
The value of a personal injury case depends on the facts and circumstances of the case. Our lawyers analyze the facts to determine how your injury has impacted your life. The greater the impact, the higher the damages.
Factors used to calculate how much an assault injury case is worth include, but are not limited to:
- The details of the assault
- The type of injuries you sustained in the assault
- The medical treatments received for your injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent impairments, disabilities, scarring, or disfigurement
- If another party could share liability for your damages
- Your appearance before and after the attack
- The financial losses you incurred because of the assault
- The level of trauma and emotional distress you suffered
- Whether the attack caused you to experience a decrease in your quality of life
- If you can return to your job after the assault
In addition to the above, the parties involved in the case and the availability of insurance can impact how much the case is worth. The strength of your evidence is another factor that impacts how much you could receive for damages.
What Damages Could I Receive for a Phoenix Assault Injury Claim?
Most injured victims are entitled to compensatory damages. Economic damages are the monetary losses you incur because of the assault and your injuries. Examples of economic damages in an assault injury case include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Reconstructive surgery
- In-home nursing care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Diminished earning capacity
- Mental health therapy
- Emotional distress
- A decrease in quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain
- Impairments and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Assault injury cases may also qualify for punitive damages. Punitive damages punish defendants for specific types of conduct.
In Arizona, punitive damages can be awarded when the defendant acts with an “evil mind.” Acting with an evil mind includes acting with the intention to cause someone harm, out of ill will or spite, or consciously pursuing conduct when they know it has a substantial risk of harming someone. The circumstances of the assault might fit into these categories for punitive damages.
Deadline To File Assault Injury Claims in Phoenix, Arizona
The statute of limitations for civil cases involving assault injuries is generally one to two years, depending on the cause of action. The court can dismiss cases filed after the statute of limitations expires. Because your case could have a shorter deadline for filing claims, we encourage you to reach out to our Phoenix assault injury attorneys now for a free consultation.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Phoenix Assault Injury Lawyer?
Our attorneys at Curiel & Runion Personal Injury Lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. Instead of paying upfront fees to hire our law firm, you agree to pay us a percentage of the amount we recover for your personal injury case. We agree on the amount when you hire our law firm.
A contingency fee allows you to hire experienced legal counsel without worrying about how to pay an attorney. In the unlikely event that we don’t recover money for your case, you do not owe any attorney’s fees for our services.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Phoenix Assault Injury Lawyers
You do not need to fight this battle alone. You can have our considerable skills, resources, and expertise fighting on your behalf to hold the parties responsible for your assault injuries liable for damages. Call now to request your free case review with one of our experienced Phoenix assault injury attorneys.
Our personal injury law firm in Phoenix, AZ also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Car Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Child Injury Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Premises Liability Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Slip And Fall Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Uber Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ